Activity Ideas for Women’s Ministry
All Christian ladies need a fun night out or a day away with some other Christian ladies just to have a good relaxing time of fellowship.
Here are some suggestions to use with your local church ladies group.
• Highlight support for fighting one of the cancers (or several).
• Walk together for various cures such as Relay for Life.
• See if there are any good causes in your community that your ladies group can participate in.
• October is a good month to plan something like this because it is designated as
• Breast Cancer Awareness month.
• Pink Rain Women’s Ministry Theme
• My Breast Cancer Awareness Pinterest Board
• Celebrate all of your ladies birthdays at once.
• Serve birthday cake
• Make everyone fee special
• A good time to share testimonies about “second birthdays” and our personal salvation experiences.
• Worth Celebrating Devotional
• Birthdays Worth Celebrating Women’s Ministry Theme
• Read through a good book together.
• Meet for discussion.
• Camp outdoors or in.
• Roast S’mores and have camping food.
• Share testimonies around a fire (or fire pit on someone’s deck)
• More of Jesus Devotional
• Give Me S’more! (of Jesus)Women’s Ministry Theme
Church Clean Up Day
• Do some deep cleaning at your church.
• Work on large projects.
• Do a group craft project.
• Have a couple crafty ladies do a project demonstration.
• Do a Card Buffet. Have all the basics and embellishments for making a complete handmade or hand stamped card. Lay it out buffet style.
• Do any type of Craft Buffet. Have everything laid out and ready to go.
• Scrapbooking Night
• Quilting Night
• Scrapbook Memories Devotional
• A Few of My Favorite Things Devotional
• Scrapbook Memories Theme
• A Handmade Christmas Devotional
• A Handmade Christmas Theme
• See Julia’s Blog for crafty projects.
• Is your community doing something special such as Fourth of July Celebrations or Holiday Celebrations with booths available?
• Is there a place to have a Bake Sale Booth? A good way to get donations for your ladies group.
• Do a booth as a group.
• Have church cookbooks? A booth at a community event is a great way to get donations for them.
• Give away your woman’s ministry pamphlets.
• Perhaps give away something small such as a mini flag for July 4th, or any type of novelty such as a magnet with your ladies group info.
• Christmas Craft and Festival Booths – Got some crafty ladies that want to join together as a group and rent a booth?
Exchange Meetings (or Swap Parties)
• Plan a meeting around exchanges such as a used book, cookies, mugs, etc.
• See the Exchange Ideas for more information.
Exercise Emphasis Meeting
• Use a fitness video together to workout.
The above article, “Activity Ideas for Women’s Ministry” was written by Julia Bettencourt. The article was excerpted from www.juliabettencourt.com
The material is copyrighted and should not be reprinted under any other name or author. However, this material may be freely used for personal study or research purposes.
This article may not be written by an Apostolic author, but it contains many excellent principles and concepts that can be adapted to most churches. As the old saying goes, “Eat the meat. Throw away the bones.”