20 Things Wives Want to Hear From Their Husbands
We recently posted the 10 Things Husbands Want to Hear From Their Wives from Family First’s Mark Merrill. We would be remiss if we didn’t reciprocate for the women. So, here they are:
1. “Thanks for all you do for our family.” Yes, you work hard. You might even feel that your load is a million times heavier than your wife’s. But your wife works hard, too and a little thanks goes a long way.
2. “You are a great mom and wife.” If you really want to make her day, go beyond saying �thank you� and praise her for doing a good job.
3. “Let me do that for you.” Your wife realizes you are exhausted when you get home from work. She probably is too. So offer to help out. Start with something small, like cleaning up after dinner. Or, if you really want to score points, do the laundry or something else you normally don’t do.
4. “I love you so much.” Did you notice the extra words after “I love you?” Telling your wife you love her is a great start, but telling her why you love her, how much you love her or that you’ll love her forever will melt her heart.
5. “You are beautiful.” No matter her age, her size or how long you’ve been married, a woman loves to hear that you think she’s attractive. And don’t just say, “You look nice.” Instead, use adjectives like great, lovely, fantastic.
6. “Let me watch the kids.” If you already watch your children regularly, good job! If you don’t, think of it this way: When you offer to take care of the children, your wife gets to recharge her batteries. A wife with a recharged battery is usually more patient, kind and loving.
7. “Let’s go out tonight.” Take charge of your next date night. This shows your wife that you enjoy spending time with her.
8. “I’m sorry you had a hard/frustrating/disappointing day.” These words let your wife know that you are aware of what’s going on in her life.
9. “I would marry you all over again.” In one sentence, you’re telling your wife you value your life together and that you’re committed to her.
10. “How can I be a better husband to you?” Hearing these words will either make your wife burst into tears, smile like a kid in a candy store or, if she’s completely shocked, laugh uncontrollably. Before you ask this question, though, be ready to hear what she has to say without being defensive.
A while back, I wrote “10 Things Wives Want to Hear from their Husbands.” I was surprised at the incredible reaction to the post as thousands shared, tweeted, pinned, posted and “liked” it.
So I thought I’d go to the well again and share these 10 more things wives want to hear from their husbands.
1. “I’m your biggest fan.” Everyone wants someone to celebrate their wins and encourage them in their struggles. Be sure your wife knows that you will always be there to cheer her on.
2. “I’m thankful for the little things you do.” If your wife makes you coffee every morning, appreciate this small act of kindness with thankfulness. Don’t fail to notice the small ways she shows her love to you each day.
3. “Let’s take a walk together.” Show your wife that she’s important by prioritizing your day to set aside time to be with her.
4. “I miss you when we’re apart.” Remind your wife that she is constantly on your mind whether you are at work, in the car or anywhere else. Never take her presence for granted.
5. “I’m here for you.” You won’t always understand everything that your wife is going through. But you can listen and sympathize with her by letting her cry on your shoulder when life gets tough.
6. “You’ll always have me by your side.” No matter what life throws at you parenting challenges, hard financial decisions or family tragedies, let your wife know that you’re walking with her and will carry her if you need to.
7. “I want to be the man you deserve.” Realize that there will be times when you fail your wife. When you do, apologize, learn from those mistakes, and let her know that you want to be a better husband.
8. “You love others so well.” Be sure she knows that you see the way she interacts with her friends and family. Then be a voice of encouragement to her in these relationships.
9. “I love you more every day.” Never let your wife forget that she is lovely, beautiful and breathtaking. Show her that you will continue to romance her for the rest of your life.
10. “How can I serve you today?” Your wife needs to know that you want to support and serve her in everything she does. Just asking this question will convey to her how much you care.
What are some other things wives want to hear from their husbands? Please share with me below.
Mark Merrill is the president of Family First. For the original article, visit markmerill.com.
The above article, “20 Things Wives Want to Hear From Their Husbands” is written by Mark Merrill. The article was excerpted from: www.markmerill.com web site. December 2013.