24 THINGS JESUS WANTS TO DO FOR YOU
God is love, and therefore he wants to do great things in your life.
It is astonishing to discover what Jesus wants to do in our lives.
Religious traditions and our present preconceived notions tell us one
thing, but Jesus himself and the writers of the New Testament tell us
Sometimes we imagine the early disciples were spiritual supermen. We
forget that Matthew was a tax collector and James and John fishermen.
Peter denied the Lord; Thomas doubted him. They were ordinary and
imperfect men, but as they spent time with Jesus they became great in
Jesus can and will do the same for you today, if you will let him.
Here is a list of 24 things Jesus will do for anyone. You will notice
that with some of the promises God also tells what steps he requires
of you. Take those steps, and watch what Jesus will do in your life.
(1) HE WANTS TO MAKE YOU A CHILD OF GOD. “But as many as received
him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them
that believe on his name.” (John 1:12)
(2) JESUS WANTS TO SHARE EVERYTHING HE HAS WITH YOU. “The Spirit
itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of
God: and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with
Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also
glorified together.” (Romans 8:16-17)
(3) HE WANTS TO BAPTIZE YOU WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT. “I indeed baptize
you with water unto repentance,” said John the Baptist, “But
he…shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit, and with fire.” (Matthew
(4) HE WANTS TO GIVE YOU INFLUENCE. “Follow me, and I will make you
fishers of men.” (Matthew 4:19)
(5) HE WANTS TO GIVE YOU WISDOM. “If any of you lack wisdom, let him
ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and
it shall be given him.” (James 1:5)
(6) JESUS WANTS TO GIVE YOU JOY. “Hitherto ye have asked nothing in
my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.” (John
(7) HE WANTS TO ANSWER PRAYER. “What things soever ye desire, when
pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.” (Mark
(8) HE WANTS TO GIVE YOU HIS FAITH. “I am crucified with Christ:
nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life
which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God,
who loved me and gave himself for me.” (Galtians 2:20)
(9) JESUS WANTS TO BE YOUR PRIEST. “For we have not an high priest
which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities: but was
in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.” (Hebrews 4:15)
(10) HE WANTS TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOU IN HEAVEN. “Whosoever therefore
shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father
which is in heaven.” (Matthew 10:32)
(11) HE WANTS TO GIVE YOU ETERNAL LIFE. “I am the resurrection, and
the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he
live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.” (John
(12) HE WANTS TO MAKE YOU A FRIEND OF GOD. “Therefore being justified
by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
(13) HE WANTS TO ENTHRONE YOU. “To him that overcometh will I grant
to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down
with my Father in his throne.” (Revelation 3:21)
(14) JESUS WANTS TO GIVE YOU A NEW START IN LIFE. “If any man be in
Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all
things are become new.” (2 Corinthians 5:17)
(15) JESUS WANTS TO HEAL YOUR BODY. “But if the spirit of him that
raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ
from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that
dwelleth in you.” (Romans 8:11)
(16) JESUS WANTS TO FORGIVE YOUR SINS. “If we confess our sins, he is
faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all
unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)
(17) HE WANTS TO HELP YOU CONQUER TEMPTATION. “There hath no
temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is
faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are
able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye
may be able to bear it.” (1 Corinthians 10:13)
(18) HE WANTS TO SET YOU FREE. “And ye shall know the truth, and the
truth shall make you free.” (John 8:32)
(19) JESUS WANTS TO CONQUER YOUR FEARS. “For God hath not given us
the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
(2 Timothy 1:7)
(20) HE WANTS TO GIVE YOU REST. “Come unto me, all ye that labor and
are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28)
(21) JESUS WANTS TO PROVIDE YOUR MATERIAL NEEDS. “And seek not ye
what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful
mind…But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things
shall be added unto you.” (Luke 12:29-31)
(22) JESUS WANT TO REWARD YOU FOR FOLLOWING HIM. “There is no man
that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children,
for the kingdom of God’s sake, Who shall not receive manifold more in
this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting.” (Luke
(23) HE WANTS TO MAKE YOU WILLING TO DO ALL THE WILL OF GOD. “For it
is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good
pleasure.” (Philippians 2:13)
(24) JESUS WANTS TO REVEAL HIMSELF TO YOU. “He that hath my
commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that
loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will
manifest myself to him.” (John 14:21)
Read the New Testament and you will find many other promises we could
have put in this list. In view of his great love for you and the
wonderful things he wants to do for you, it would make no sense for
you to ignore Jesus or to turn him away. But what must you do to
begin to receive what Jesus wants to give you?
The conditions are simple, as you have already seen:
ASK God. See notes 5,6 and 7.
BELIEVE or trust in Jesus to do the things he says he wants to do.
See no. 1,7,8,11 and 12.
CONFESS your sins, and Jesus as your Lord. See 10 and 16.
DEVOTE your life to him, just as he has devoted his life to you.
Follow him, obey him, deny yourself for him, love him – all of this is
part of your devotion. See 1,2,4,13,14,15,20,21,22, and 24.
Your part is as simple as A-B-C-D: Ask, Believe, Confess, Devote. All
the riches of heaven await your response.
And if you want someone to tell you more about Jesus, or to pray with
you, or just to talk, call:
Open Door Fellowship Ministry
PO BOX 141