By Charles Grissom
PLEASE CHECK APPROPRIATE BLANK:
ADULT MEMBERSHIP (16 years and over)
YOUTH MEMBERSHIP (13 through 15 years)
“MEMBERSHIP OBLIGATIONS ”
As a member of this assembly, each person must accept the following obligations:
1. To conduct oneself everywhere as becometh a Christian.
2. To cleanse oneself from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. (II Cor. 7:1) Tobacco in any form, movies, dancing, and unclean conversations are considered
unbecoming to a Christian.
3. To endeavor to manifest a spirit of brotherly love and fellowship toward all of God’s people.
4. To forsake not attending services, as the manner of some is. (Heb. 10:25)
5. To support the Church and Pastor with ones prayers; and to maintain secret devotion and regular family devotion whenever permissible in the home.
6. To support the Church and the Pastor with the scriptural system of faithfully giving tithes (the tenth of all increase) and offerings. (Malachi 3:10) (I Cor. 16:2)
7. To avoid all ungodly and worldly amusements (all amusements and recreations are not harmful), that one may be blameless and harmless amidst an evil generation; and thus bring no reproach upon the Name of Christ.
8. To abide by the Bylaws of the assembly as prescribed in this Constitution. (Titus 2:1-8; Heb. 13:1)
9. To secure, in case of moving, a letter of recommendation from the pastor; and to unite with another church of the same faith as soon as possible
1. Any person desiring to become a member, must accept the foregoing obligations, fill cut the application blank issued by the assembly, and submit it to the Pastor.
2. After filling out and submitting application to Pastor, applicant shall be placed on a sixty (60) day probationary period before he or she is admitted into membership; during which time, said applicant must prove his sincerity by becoming acquainted with and conforming to the regulations of the assembly, faithful attendance, tithing, etc. This sixty (60) day period may be waived by the pastor for those having already proved themselves prior to their application over a period of sixty (60) days or longer.
3. After the sixty (60) day period, the Pastor and church advisory board shall pass jointly on all applications for membership, questioning such applicants as deemed advisable.
4. After being accepted as a member by the Pastor and church advisory board, the applicant’s name shall be entered on the Church Roll; and he shall receive annually a Membership Card from the Pastor. Any member who is in good standing shall not be refused an annual membership card; membership of anyone not possessing a current membership card is INVALID.
5. No person desiring to withdraw their membership shall be refused a letter of transfer unless the withdrawal is requested while being dealt with for failure to abide by the Church Bylaws.
When said person has made satisfactory restitution to the Church and/or Pastor, he shall be cleared and ready for a letter of transfer.
6. No person being a member of another church of our faith shall be received as a member into this assembly without a letter of recommendation from the former assembly of which he or she was a member.
1. Any person having repented of their sins, having been baptized in water in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and having received the Holy Ghost with the initial sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance; and anyone believing in, teaching, and accepting the Oneness Doctrine as opposed to the Trinity Doctrine is eligible to become a member.
2. All applicants for membership must read, believe, and accept the Apostolic doctrines and teachings set forth in the “articles of Faith” of the United Pentecostal Church International.
3. A Junior membership is open for those between the ages of 13 to 15.
4. Junior membership carries with it all the privileges and obligations of full membership except the rights to vote and hold office.
I, __________________________________, having read and accepted the foregoing sections on obligations, admission and eligibility of the Bylaws of the UNITED PENTECOSTAL CHURCH (The Name of church applying for); and having read, accepted, and declaring my belief in the “ARTICLES OF FAITH” of the United Pentecostal Church International; do hereby apply for membership into the (name of church). I pledge myself to conform to and abide by the said Bylaws and obligations of membership.
SIGNATURE OF APPLICANT _______________________________________________
BIRTH DATE _____________________________ DATE ________________________
MAILING ADDRESS ______________________________________________________
STREET ADDRESS _______________________________________________________
RECEIVED INTO MEMBERSHIP: DATE _______________________________________
CHURCH ADVISORY BOARD: _______________________________________________
(The above material was devised and published by the New Life Apostolic Church in Detroit, MI.)
Christian Information Network