Blitz Outreach to Promote a Revival
Following are the things need for you to do prior to revival in order to facilitate an effective outreach now and in the future.
1. Map of the Area – The more detailed the map the better. Needs to show area streets plus if possible the number of houses on the streets. Note: Check online for satellite zoom of town, local chamber of commerce, local newspaper and local courthouse. Suggest get at least 2 copies of the map.
2. Divide the Map into zones of 400 households. Households because apartment complexes will have several households per unit. Make sure each zone has at least 400 households.
3. Put Together Flyer – I will send you one that all you need to do is plug in the church and meeting information into.
4. Go to Local Office Max, Office Depot or Kinko’s. If none of these are available use local one usually used. Get these flyers printed in standard black ink on bright yellow, pink or green paper (makes stick out better).
5. Need 50 Flyers for every person expected to be there (remember 3 flyers per page). Printing place usually will, at no charge, divide into packets of 50 for you at any cost.
6. Get Group (optional) of people together (handful) to staple rubber bands to the top of the flyers.
Final Steps (Upon completion of above)
* Divide how many people expected to be there by 4. That is how many teams you will have. Plan on 20% more people showing up than committed.
* Plan ahead who could be your team leaders. Note: Need someone in each group that has vehicle that can hold 4 people including the leader.
* Have 1 map prepared specifically for each team. Each team’s map should only have the area highlighted or circled they are expected to cover. Do not give these out prior to Saturday outreach.
* Flyer order should be placed the Tuesday or Wednesday prior to the Saturday going to do outreach. Note: This is if you do flyers at the church with its copier.
* The better detailed the map the better laid out the map the easier it will be to repeat in the future.
* Keep the original 2 maps as master copies.
* Total Cost: $50 or less for up to 3,000 flyers
This article may not be written by an Apostolic author, but it contains many excellent principles and concepts that can be adapted to most churches. As the old saying goes “Eat the meat. Throw away the bones.”
This article “Blitz Outreach to Promote a Revival” by Brian Norman was excerpted from: www.briannorman.org web site. October 2010. It may be used for study & research purposes only.