CHURCH CHOIR POLICY
By John Summer
The purposes of the Church Choir are to: (1) Worship God in song and music; (2)
Add to the spiritual deminsion of the Church; (3) Offer opportunity for
individuals to participate actively in Church.
Each choir member is to me committed to the purposes of the choir and to the
Church. Choir membership is a sacred obligation. Choir members are urged to pray
Choir members must be baptized in Jesus Name, be filled with the Holy Ghost, and
be living a Christian life in fact and in spirit.
Choir members are to be on time and are expected to be present for rehearsals. A
call to the Choir director is expected if a member is to be absent. This is a
simple courtesy so that plans can be made for the rehearsal. In order to sing at a
given service members must be present at rehearsals.
Choir members are to dress appropriately for Church, including ties for men and
modest dress for women. Coats are optional, but encouraged. Please, no unusual or
Normally choir members are twelve years and older. In some cases exceptions may be
made for mature youngsters who are mature and meet all other requirements.
ADMISSION TO CHOIR MEMBERSHIP
New choir members discuss membership with the Choir Director who will then consult
the Pastor before the new member is admitted. This procedural is necessary, not to
discourage membership, but insure proper admission.
1. Have you carefully and thoroughly read REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPANTS IN MUSIC
MINISTRY? yes_____ no_____
2. Do you feel you can comply with these requirements without difficulty?
3. How long have you attended Church faithfully? (Without missing any of the 3
weekly services held at the church)
Less than 6 months _____ More than 6 months ____
4. Have you both received the Holy Ghost and been baptized by immersion in the
name of Jesus? yes____ no____
5. Do you call the pastor when and if an emergency arises and you cannot attend
service? yes____ no_____
6. Do you pay tithes (10% of your gross income) and give offerings on a regular
basis to support the church financially? yes_____ no_____
7. Do you have a television in your home? yes____ no____
8. Have you completed all 10 weekly lessons of the CHRISTIAN LIVING CLASS offered
on Sunday mornings? yes____ no____
9. If you are high school graduate or older, do you attend Ladies Auxiliary
meetings of the church? yes____ no_____
10. If you are of the above age, do you attend church cleaning days and work in
the nursery when scheduled? yes____ no____
11. Do you attend church cleanup/maintenance days regularly?
PLEASE WRITE ADDITIONAL COMMENTS BELOW. THANK YOU.
Christian Information Network