By Paul M. Chance
SAMPLE LAY-MINSTER LETTER:
CASTLE HILLS UNITED PENTECOSTAL CHURCH
I have carefully reviewed the guidelines that have been structured for the Lay Ministry within our church. I have given prayer and consideration to each responsibility within those guidelines. I fully realize the tremendous need that exists for a Lay Minister-Pastor Working relationship. I understand that each responsibility is to be carried out with a deep sense of commitment to the calling I feel God has place on my life. I am aware of the advantages of such a program to my future in the Ministry. I also see the blessing and efficiency that can come to the church as a result of a
Lay Minister administrative staff working closely with a committed Pastor. With these things in mind, I offer myself to the supervision of my Pastor and to the fulfillment of this Ministry to the church. I will approach my responsibilities as a committed Minister and attempt to carry them out within the framework of this program and in a timely manner. I will make a conscientious effort to make this program an efficient and productive one. I will never forget that the foundation of it all is that Jesus came to seek and to save that which was lost.
SAMPLE CHURCH STAFF CHECKLIST:
1. yes no I have reviewed my Job Description this month.
2. yes no I have carefully prayed for my Department and my personal consecration at least 30 minutes every day this month.
3. yes no I have conscientiously fasted for my Department and my personal consecration at least 1 day per week this month.
4. yes no I have obeyed the necessary scriptural observance of tithing every week this month.
5. yes no I have faithfully engaged myself in at least 2 hours of personal Evangelism each week this month.
6. yes no I have personally taught 1 two-day Bible study this quarter.
DATES TAUGHT ____________________________________
7. yes no I have endeavored to be in the prayer rooms, praying for the services, at least 30 minutes prior to service every Sunday night this month.
8. yes no I attended the last staff meeting. COMMENT: _______________
9. yes no I have enjoyed working in the Altars and have done so each service this month.
10. yes no I have read at least one book pertaining to my Department or to personal development in areas of leadership this quarter.
NAME OF BOOK _____________________________________
DATE COMPLETED ___________________________________
RECOMMENDED _______ yes _______ no
FOR ANY OF THE ABOVE AREAS CHECKED NO – PLEASE GIVE A BRIEF EXPLANATION IN THE SPACE BELOW:
(The above material was published by Castle Hills United Pentecostal Church, San Antonio, TX).
Christian Information Network