Darwinism: The Fossils Say No
By Arlo Moehlenpah
* Fossils are the remains or traces of plants and animals in the earth’s crust.
* Fossils are formed when a plant or animal gets buried rapidly. Most fossils were caused by the world-wide flood described in the Bible.
* There is scientific evidence for the Great Flood.
1. Marine fossils have been found near the summits of nearly all of the great mountain areas of the world.
2. Fossilization requires a sudden burial.
3. Most rocks are sedimentary rocks.
* Fossils are important because they provide the major record of plants and animals of times past. The only direct evidence for or against evolution. The only direct evidence is in the fossil record.
* Fossils usually only reveal the hard parts of a specimen such as teeth, bones, and shells.
* Most of what is seen of reconstructions of men or animals is a figment of imagination, because we rarely know the shapes of soft parts such as the nose, lips, or hair.
* The fossil record is an embarrassment to evolutionists because if evolution were true we should find fossils of transitional forms (often called missing links). The fossil record, instead, is a record of mass destruction, death, and burial by water and its contained sediments.
* Creatures simply appear in the rocks without any evidence of step-by-step changes.
* Darwin recognized the lack of fossil evidence but thought it would be found. In over 140 years since Darwin, billions of fossils have been uncovered but there is still no evidence of a gradual change from simpler to more complex plants and animals.
* Dinosaurs are the chief tool of evolutionists to brainwash children on the theory of evolution.
* Dinosaurs are used to sell many things.
* Dinosaurs are so popular they have led to some spectacular frauds.
* At the Dinosaur National Monument near a Jensen, Utah quarry, the fossilized remains of over 2,000 dinosaur bones are exposed as a permanent exhibit in the 200 foot-long sandstone wall.
* The word dinosaur, which means “terrible lizard,” was not coined until several centuries after the English version of the Bible was translated. However, other terms which could mean dinosaur such as dragon, behemoth and leviathan are mentioned in the Bible.
* The fossils indicate that some dinosaurs were huge.
* Man and dinosaurs must have coexisted. Romans 5:12 indicates that there was no death of any kind until Adam sinned. Human skeletons have been found in the same Utah sandstone. Also, dinosaur drawings were made by early tribal artists and traditions of many nations have tales of dragons.
* The leading evolutionary theory for the extinction of dinosaurs is that a large asteroid or comet struck the earth and the resulting dust killed the dinosaurs. A big question left unanswered then is “Why didn’t this dust cloud kill the other animals also?”
* Creationists believe that the lack of available food after the Flood was the cause for the extinction of dinosaurs which could have eaten tons of food daily.
* The earth was different before the flood probably due to the vapor canopy (waters above the water). Man and animals were vegetarians. There seemed to be a warm uniform climate and no extreme seasons. Men lived long ages as evidenced by biblical genealogies.
* The following conclusions can be made regarding dinosaur bones
1. Fossil graveyards all over the world give evidence for a global flood, since fossils are produced by sudden burial.
2. Dinosaurs in Alaska give evidence for a warm uniform climate that existed before the Flood.
3. Change of climatic conditions after the Flood presents the best explanation for the “extinction” of dinosaurs.
4. Dinosaur fossils give credence and confirmation to the dragons, behemoths and leviathans of the Bible.
* Dr. Derek Ager, former President of the British Geological Association, admitted “practically every evolutionary story he had learned as a student has now been debunked.”
* For example the “Piltdown man” turned out to be a modern human skull and a jawbone of an ape. These bones had been chemically treated to make them look old and the teeth had been filed down to make them look worn.
* The evidence for Java man was a skullcap, a thighbone found forty-five feet away, and several teeth. Dubois for 30 years concealed the fact that he had found two human skulls close by. He announced at end of his life that skull belonged to a giant gibbon.
* Neanderthal man was fully human perhaps suffering from bone deformities that may have been caused by disease.
* The Bible is clear that the first man was Adam (I Corinthians 15:45) and Adam was made in the image of God. (Genesis 1:27). Jesus is the express image of his person. (Hebrews 1:3). Jesus is the image of the invisible God. (Colossians 1:13-15). Christ is the image of God. (II Corinthians 4:4). Adam was “the figure of him that was to come.” (Romans 5:14)
* There is no such thing as an ape-man. There are fossils of apes, and there are fossils of men, but nothing in between. Men have always been men and apes have always been apes.
THE FOSSILS STILL SAY NO! TO EVOLUTION
This article “Darwinism: The Fossils Say No” by Arlo Moehlenpah is excerpted from Steadfast Conference, Indianapolis, IN, October 22, 2004 Jackson, MS, October 29, 2004