Funny Isn’t It?
* Funny how a $100 “looks” so big when you take it to church, but so small when you take it to the mall.
* Funny how long it takes to serve God for an hour, but how quickly a team plays 60 minutes of basketball.
* Funny how long a couple of hours spent at church are, but how short they are when watching a movie.
* Funny how we can’t think of anything to say when we pray, but don’t have difficulty thinking of things to talk about to a friend.
* Funny how we get thrilled when a baseball game goes into extra innings, but we complain when a sermon is longer than the regular time.
* Funny how hard it is to read a chapter in the bible, but how easy it to read 100 pages of a best selling novel.
* Funny how people want to get a front seat at any game or concert, but scramble to get a back seat at church services.
* Funny how we need 2 or 3 weeks advance notice to fit a church event into our schedule, but can adjust our schedule for other events at the last moment.
* Funny how hard it is for people to learn a simple gospel well enough to tell others, but how simple it is for the same people to understand and repeat gossip.
* Funny how we believe what the newspaper says, but question what the Bible says.
* Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven provided they do not have to believe, or to think, or to say, or do anything.
* Funny how you can send a thousand ‘jokes’ through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing.
* FUNNY, ISN’T IT?
* Are you laughing?
* Are you thinking?