KEYS TO EFFECTIVE PRAYER
1. Set aside a few minutes every day do not say anything. Simply practice thinking about God. This will make your mind spiritually receptive.
2. Then pray orally, using simple, natural words. Tell God anything that is on your mind. Do not think you must use stereotyped pious phrases. Talk to God in your own language. He understands it.
3. Pray as you go about the business of the day, on the Underground or at your desk. Utilize short prayers by closing your eyes to shut out the world and concentrating briefly on God’s presence. The more you do
this every day the nearer you will feel God’s presence.
4. Do not always ask when you pray but instead affirm that God’s blessings are being given, and spend most of your prayer time giving thanks.
5. Pray with the belief that sincere prayers can reach out and surround your loved ones with God’s love and protection.
6. Never use a negative thought in prayer. Only positive thoughts get results.
7. Always express willingness to accept God’s will. Ask for what you want but be willing to take what God gives you. It may be better than what you ask for.
8. Practice the attitude of putting everything in God’s hands. Ask for the ability to do your best and to leave the results confidently to God.
9. Pray for people you do not like or who have mistreated you. Resentment is blockade number one of spiritual power.
10. Make a list of people for whom to pray. The more you pray for other people, especially those not connected with you, the more prayer results will come back to you.
THE ABOVE MATERIAL WAS TAKEN FROM SELECTED READING MATERIAL AND WAS PUBLISHED BY THE PENTECOSTAL TRUTH, JANUARY/FEBRUARY 2000, NO. 207. THIS MATERIAL IS COPYRIGHTED AND MAY BE USED FOR STUDY & RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY.