Scripture reveals the Father’s will for His children and provides guidelines to help parents pray for our sons and daughters. Parents should pray:
1. That our children will be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth (I Timothy 2:3-4).
2. That Jesus Christ be formed in our children (see Galatians 4:19).
3. That our children–the seed of the righteous–will be delivered from the evil one (see Proverbs 11:21; Matthew 6:13).
4. That our children will be taught of the Lord and that their peace will be great (see Isaiah 54:13).
5. That our children will train themselves to discern good from evil and have a good conscience toward God (see Hebrews 5:14; I Peter 3:21).
6. That God’s laws will be in their minds and in their hearts (see Hebrews 8: 10).
7. That our children will choose companions who are wise– not fools, nor sexually immoral, nor drunkards, nor idolaters, nor slanderers, nor swindlers (see Proverbs 13:20; I Corinthians 5: 11).
8. That our children will remain sexually pure and keep themselves only for their spouse, asking God for His grace to keep such a commitment (see Ephesians 5:3, 31-33).
9. That our children will honor us as parents (Ephesians 6:1-3).
10. That our children will prosper and enjoy physical health as they grow spiritually (III John 2).
Many other Scriptures could be added to this list, one which will change over time as God shows you new ways to pray His Word. Ask God for specific promises to stand on during difficult situations.