TEN COMMANDMENTS FOR MARRIED PARTNERS
By Rev. Eugene Kreutz
1. Thou shalt not take thy partner for granted.
2. Thou shalt not expect perfection of each other.
3. Thou shalt be patient, loving, understanding, kind and true.
4. Thou shalt tend the garden of love daily.
5. Thou shalt take great care that thy partner’s trust is never violated or diminished in any way.
6. Thou shalt not forget thy wedding vows-remembering especially those most important words: ‘for better or for worse.’
7. Thou shalt not hide thy true feelings. Mutual love provides a bright, sunlit room where things of the heart can be discussed freely and without fear.
8. Thou shalt always respect each other as individuals. Degrading words and a sharp tongue cause grave distortions. Endearing terms ennoble, lift up, and engender peace.
9. Thou shalt give thy marriage room to grow. Both partners should exhibit a willingness to face their future together with confidence and trust. Today is a better day for them than yesterday, and tomorrow will find them closer still.
10. Thou shalt through all thy days reverence God thy Creator, never forgetting that it is He who has made you one.
(The above information was published by Rev. Eugene Kreutz)
Christian Information Network