TEN MOST WANTED
By: Bobb Biehl
* THE IMPLICATIONS OF A SIMPLE IDEA LIKE TEN MOST WANTED ARE EXPLOSIVE!
10 (most wanted names) x 100 (group members) = 1000 most wanted community members touched by “AMBASSADORS” from your group
* TAKE 2 MINUTES (120 SECONDS) RIGHT NOW AND IMAGINE:
What if every believer in our group (Jr. High and up) got excited about seeing their Ten Most Wanted come to Christ… What difference would it make in our church, in our community, in our country… in ETERNITY?
* ANSWER THIS QUESTION IN YOUR HEART OF HEARTS:
How do I actually think/feel about Heaven… Hell… Personally sharing my faith… attracting people to Christ?
1. FILL OUT YOUR PERSONAL TEN MOST WANTED CARD FIRST
(Possibly have your leadership team fill one out before whole group does)
* Highlight key points you want to stress later in presenting the Ten Most Wanted idea to your group
* Make notes of your personal experiences (insights, feelings, ideas, concerns, etc.)
* Pray for your Ten Most Wanted as soon as your list is complete
Take this occasion to spend whatever amount of time you like to sincerely intercede for the souls of your Ten Most Wanted with our Heavenly Father.
2. PREACH A SERMON OR A SERIES ON ATTRACTING PEOPLE TO CHRIST. For
* The Holy Spirit’s role in evangelism
* The role of personal sharing… without pressure or guilt
* The value of focusing on your Ten Most Wanted
3. INTRODUCING THE TEN MOST WANTED IDEA TO YOUR GROUP AT THE END OF YOUR SERMON/SERIES
* Share personal experiences with your own Ten Most Wanted list
* Highlight key points
(Underscore “NO GUILT”… possibly give added color to the list by mentioning local media stars or local villains)
* Have group fill out card in the group setting (2-5 minutes)
4. ENCOURAGE A TIME OF SHARING (Optional)
WARNING: Suggest that individuals not publicly tell names on their list
* Encourage group to respond to this question:
What did filling out your Ten Most Wanted mean to you?
* End meeting with a prayer time
* Note: You may want to have a quick sharing time quarterly (for a few years) excitedly asking your group:
“ANY PROGRESS ON YOUR TEN MOST WANTED LIST?”
A FEW IDEAS ON WAYS TO DISTRIBUTE TEN MOST WANTED CARDS:
* CHURCH BULLETINS * SUNDAY SCHOOL
* DISCOVERY CLASSES/ CLASSES NEW BELIEVERS * RETREATS
* GROWTH GROUPS * LITERATURE RACKS
* NEW MEMBER CLASSES * OUT OF TOWN –
* YOUTH GROUPS SPEAKING HANDOUT
* SEND TO FRIENDS * ETC. WORLDWIDE
(The above material was published in 1989 by Bobb Biehl, Laguna Niguel, CA.)
TEN MOST WANTED LIST
THIS IDEA IS AS SIMPLE AS IT SOUNDS:
A. Make a list of the ten people you would most like to see come to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
B. Do everything you can (appropriately) in your lifetime to attract them to Christ.
C. Keep “chipping away” until all ten have accepted Christ.
There are no other limits or guidelines!
WHY HAVE A TEN MOST WANTED LIST?
A list of only ten lets you concentrate your effort and prayer.
Heaven and Hell are real eternal destinations.
Ten Most Wanted…is a life long ministry you can have!
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Any committed believer… regardless of:
WHO SHOULD I CHOOSE?
Candidates for your list…
The most influential person you know
The non-believer you love the most
The most irritating person you know
The least likely person to become a believer, humanly speaking
Your relatives, friends, neighbors
Leaders in your business, industry or profession
People who intimidate you
Key sports, political and media figures
People who could change the world the most
The most powerful person you know
The most “evil” person you know, or know of
Your worst enemy…toughest competitor
The person doing the most damage to Christian values
The highest potential leader by the year 2,000 A.D.
The loneliest person you know
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Brainstorming ideas…not requirements!
Pray regularly for their salvation…as God brings them to mind…fast for them as God leads you
Send an occasional book, tape or gift as appropriate
Call or write to offer moral support during a tragedy
Pray for new ways to meet needs and show Christ’s love
Look for any possible way to compliment and encourage them
Form a small prayer cell to pray for each of your top ten lists
Give them a popular Christian book (with the plan of salvation in it whenever appropriate)
Imagine what the world would be like if your top ten became devout believers
Memorize scripture verses on praying for the unsaved
Use your imagination!
This is one ministry which can remain totally anonymous. You do not have any minimum requirements. Anything you do for these ten is more than would have been done. Never feel guilty… just keep seeking ways of attracting your top ten to Jesus Christ.
IT’S O.K. IF…
You keep your Top Ten List totally secret
Three to five other people have one of your top ten names on their list
You don’t spend a single penny… or you spend hundreds… its up to you
When one comes to Christ, you replace the name… or count down to zero… its your preference
(The above material was published in 1980 by the Masterplanning Group International, Laguna Niguel, CA.)