The Gospel Commandments of Leadership.
The following “Ten Commandments” by an unknown author, have been adapted and supplemented, by our Ventures for Christ staff, with Scripture passages to further enhance their great truths.
1. People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love and trust them anyway. “Father forgive them. They know not what they do. ” (Luke 23:34)
2. If you do good people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway. And Jesus told them, “You are like children who don’t know what they want. John the Baptist came neither eating nor drinking, and you said he had a demon. The Son of Man comes eating and drinking, and. You say I am a glutton, a fiend of sinners. (Matthew 11:16-19)
3. If you are successful you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway. The crowds who cheered Him on Sunday and called Him King were the same who on Friday cried, “Crucify Him. “Even the priests said, “We have no king but Caesar.” (Luke 19:36-40; John 10:1-6)
4. The service you render today will be forgotten tomorrow. Serve people anyway. “Were not ten lepers cleansed, and only one returned to give thanks? My words will bring division.”
5. Honesty and frankness will make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway. And Jesus said, “Do not think I’ve come to bring peace to the world.” (Luke 12:51; 13:5)
6. The biggest men with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men with the smallest ideas. Think big anyway. “During the supper the Lord Jesus foretold that one of them would betray Him…the Disciples questioned which one it might be and a dispute rose among them as to which was the greatest. ” (Luke 22:22-24)
7. People pretend to love the “little” people, but sell their souls to the “big” people. Fight for the “little” people anyway. “Let little children come unto me for of such is the Kingdom of Heaven.” (Matthew 19:13)
8. What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway. “Judas came, kissed Him, and they took hold of Him…then all the disciples forsook Him and fled.”
9. People really need help, but may attack you if you do help. Help people anyway. “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me… to preach… but all who heard Him thrust Him out.” (Luke 4:16-30)
10. Give the world the best you have and you’ll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway. Pilate said, “Who shall I give unto you…the murderer and robber, Barabbus, or Jesus, who is called the Christ? ” And they all cried, “Give us Barabbus!” (Matthew 27:15-2 7)
THIS MATERIAL HAS BEEN PUBLISHED BY MANDATE FOR MEN MAGAZINE. THE ABOVE MATERIAL HAS BEEN COPYRIGHTED AND MAY BE USED FOR STUDY AND RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY.