The Working Of The Holy Spirit
By: Lee Stoneking
Text: Acts 2:4 and Acts 2:41-47
I want to talk to you about revival. Everyone say revival. You’ve had, your having it and your going to have more of it, Acts chapter 2 verse 4 reads: And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. Most of you know this by heart. An Acts 2 verse 41, it reads: Then they that gladly received, everyone say gladly, his word were baptized; and that same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. The Bible says in verse 43: And fear came upon every soul and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles. And all that believed were together, and had all possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. And they continuing daily, everyone say daily, with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily as should be saved. Lets pray………….Amen
1. If three thousand people were saved every hour, it would take 40 years to reach the present unreached. And if after 40 years have expired and we have not ceased to reach them at 3,000 per hour day and night; what then would happen to the more then 125,000 who, were born every 24 hour period during that 40 year duration.
a. If you have grasp anything of the statistics I have given you, you would understand that we have not done what we need to do in this world. And the church is not meeting the challenge.
b. You and I are those that God has invested the truth into our hands, onto our knowledge. Something has got to happen. We have got to do something that has never been done before. It’s got to go the ministry, it’s go to go to the people. Something has got to happen where you sit. Something has got to happen in your life individually. We have go to pick up something called a burden. And we have go to become fanatic in these end hours, if we are ever going to reach this present world.
2. We need more than just repentance and being baptized in Jesus name. Granted those are wonderful things, but we need people being filled with the Holy Ghost and Holiness! We need a revival!!!!!!!!!!
a. There is a great difference between revival and reformation.
b. We could have a reformation within these 4 walls, we could have a move of God. We could weep, we could cry and dance and shout. We could reform our life. You could reconsecrate and rededicate your life to do better then you have every done before. And that would be glorious. That would be a reformation, that would be a move of God. But it might not necessarily be a real revival.
3. Revival is when the Spirit of God goes out of these 4 walls and begins to touch the hearts of sinners. And the people who do not know God come from every walk of life. And they are filled with the baptism of the Holy Ghost speaking with tongues and power and the glory of God. That Is Real Revival.
4. We many times think of miracles. We think of tumors disappearing as a miracle. We think of blinded eyes being opened and ears snapped open as miracles. We thing of things as miracles, and they are miracles. We think of miracles as people walking out of wheel chairs and throwing down their crutches. And these things are miracles. But I’m here to tell you as a man of God, the greatest miracles that God is performing in our day is this business of speaking in tongues. This Business Of Speaking In Tongues Is The Greatest Miracle God Has Ever Performed.
5. For example when I was in high school, and in college and in Bible school, I took a year and a half or so of French. May I say to you it is very difficult to learn a foreign language. For one thing the idioms are different then they are in the English language. There are many strange sounds that are meaningless to you unless you relate them with objects or things of what you know in the English language. And in the French language if you have a good head cold, you will do much better. Because most of it comes right through the nose. And so I am saying to you, it is very difficult to learn a foreign language, and to speak it intelligently so that you communicate with other people.
6. But as a man of God, I am saying to you; that when you receive the Spirit of God, when the Omnipotent, Omniscient God cradles Himself alive in the bosom of your soul you will speak in a language unknown to you, that is a Miracle.
7. I was standing in a small home missionary church in New York state one night. I was not speaking. I was there to worship and hear the Word of the Lord. I was in the back, standing off to the side worshipping the Lord. I began to speak in tongues as the Spirit of the Lord moved upon me and blessed me. There was a college student in that congregation not far from me. He was an agnostic. At the end of the service He came to me saying, “Mister I want to talk to you”, He said, “you speak beautiful Latin”. I said, “I do?” “Yes of course you do” I stated. “Would you mind telling me what I said?” He looked at me a little dumbfounded. But He was very cooperative. He said, “You told me how great God was, how Real He was, how Wonderful He was.” And He said, “I want to know where you learned to speak Latin that way?” I said, “I’ve never learned to speak Latin that way. What you have heard is a miracle from God. God spoke to you tonight to let you know you are in the presence of a living God.”
8. Just before I came here tonight, in my own church in New York, there was a Jewish girl who came. I did not know her. She came to the service for deliverance. And I prayed for her. Just a simple prayer. And I began to speak in tongues. And as I prayed for her, I felt her body shutter. And at the end of the service when I stopped praying, she came back to me. And she had been questioning other people. I watched her. She said to me, “Do you speak Hebrew?” I said, “no I don’t”. “When you prayed over me tonight, you spoke Hebrew”. “I am Jewish, I learned it as a child. You spoke Hebrew to me, You told me, God was going to deliver me. And that He was going to set me free”. The I said, “He will do it, and if God spoke it He will do it.” And it doesn’t matter if I understand it or not. It matters if you understand it, and can feel a witness of something going on within your soul.
9. I feel a tremendous witness of something in my heart and in my soul here tonight. It’s something called the Holy Ghost. It is a moving of the Spirit of Almighty God. He is alive, He is Real, He is Tangible. And you can feel that. And weariness is beginning to fall away. I feel something coming from above us, it is called a rest and a refreshing. There is a picking up of the Spirit in this place. It is power and magnitude beyond human logic, and understanding.
10. The greatest miracle of our day is. God pouring out the baptism of the Holy Ghost on people. People are receiving the pouring out of the Holy Ghost and miraculously healed physically at the same time.
11. I want to say to you tonight that the great downpours of the Holy Ghost are possible. You know that, you understand that. But first we must find the harvest. One of the reasons you can not harvest, where there has not been any plowing, where there has not been any sowing, where there has not been any watering. You are heading for something bigger than what you have already see. God is not forgetful of your sacrifice. He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. The reward is on the way. You have already had a shattering of it. There is more, there is more. There is a harvest of it, a tremendous harvest to be picked.
12. There is a song writer that wrote and said, “Bring many vessels and not a few”. There is enough Holy Ghost in this place tonight to fill every individual in the entire city of Stockton. If they were here and if they really wanted the baptism of the Holy Ghost, there is enough power in this place to do anything, everything and all things. Nothing shall be impossible to them that believe. If I did not believe that, I would chuck out of this tonight. But I have seen enough to keep me going to see Him in the clouds of glory. And what I don’t see I’ve got enough faith for it, because of what I’ve already seen.
(The above material was written and distributed by Lee Stoneking.)
Christian Information Network