Tips for Sunday School Excellence
The Following is a list of Suggestions to upgrade your Sunday school in the eyes of the Sunday School Staff, the saints, and the Visitors.
1. Teacher of Month certificate presented by Pastor in Morning Worship Service.
2. Teacher of Month Honor Roll displayed in conspicuous place. Names of teachers are added monthly after certificate is given.
3. Teacher of the year honored at a banquet and given Annual Award. Name and year to be engraved on plaque that has spaces for ten of years of awards.
4. Sunday school bulletin board in prominent place.
5. Talent Search Sheet periodically taken. (As per sample) So best talent can be utilized in the Sunday school.
6. Sunday School Staff Banquet or Breakfast every quarter.
7. Evaluation of Sunday school class room effectiveness made regularly by Pastor and/or Director of Christian Education (using sample sheet).
8 .Name of Class and Teacher put on doors of class room.
9. Teacher Training Certificate displayed in Class room.
10. Monthly Information Bulletin given to Sunday School Staff with Teaching Suggestions, News of Sunday School and Moral Booster items.
11. Notes of Appreciation given to individual Staff members for Exceptional Service.
12. Certificates of Appreciation given to entire Staff at the end of year.
13. Sunday School Bumper Stickers made for every car.
14. Sunday School Brochure (as per Sample) printed for Sunday School Visitation.
15. Obtain Free Teaching Help pamphlets for your teachers (List of addresses will be given).
16. Have Library of Sunday school Books available for check-out to teachers. (Teacher required to read one book per quarter)
17. Have Sunday School Staff Installation Service once each year.
18. Print and distribute Sunday School Membership Cards to all children.
19. Have someone assigned in vestibule of church to welcome all Sunday school arrivals.
20. Job outlines given to all staff members.
21. Have Guest Book in vestibule for all Adult Registration.
22. Have Letter Follow-up for all Visitors.
The above article, “Tips for Sunday School Excellence” was written by Hal Fields. The article was excerpted from Children’s Ministry Conference Notebook.
The material is copyrighted and should not be reprinted under any other name or author. However, this material may be freely used for personal study or research purposes.
This article may not be written by an Apostolic author, but it contains many excellent principles and concepts that can be adapted to most churches. As the old saying goes, “Eat the meat. Throw away the bones.”