BY BOB HOSTETLER
I developed a “program of praise” that has proven wonderfully helpful. It has opened a door for me, and my praises to God now flow freely from my heart and lips during prayer. I focus on one attribute of my awesome God and Father each day, using the Scripture-based sentences as “praise starters.” At the end of each month, I start the list over, combining traits when the month is shorter than 31 days.
1. God the Creator. “Creator God, I praise You because `You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you”‘ (Neh. 9:6).
2. The Only God. “God, I praise You because You are `the LORD, and there is no other; apart from [You] there is no God”‘ Is. 45:5). :
3. The Almighty God. “`O LORD, God Almighty, who is like You? You are mighty, 0 LORD, and your faithfulness surrounds you (Ps. 89:8).
4. The Everlasting Father, the Ancient of Days. “I praise You, Lord, as the `Ancient of Days’ (Dan. 7:9), the `Everlasting Father’ (Is. 9:6), who lives forever and ever.”
5. A Loving God. “I praise You because You are a loving God, whose very nature is love” (1 Jn. 4:16).
6. A God of Justice. “Lord, I praise and magnify You, who is `just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus”‘ (Ro. 3:26).
7. A Faithful God. “Heavenly Father, I give You my praise and adoration, because You are a `faithful God, keeping [Your] covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love [You] and keep [Your] commands”‘ (Dt. 7:9).
8. A Merciful God. “`You are a gracious and merciful God’ (Neh 9: 31), and I praise You for Your great mercy.”
9. God, My Refuge, My Fortress. “I praise You, Lord, for You are ‘my mighty rock, my refuge”‘ (Ps. 62:7).
10. A Patient, Persevering God. “Father, I praise You because You are `patient with [Your children], not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance’ (2 Pet. 3:9). Thank You for Your patience with me.”
11. Eternal, Saving God. “I give praise to You, Father, `the only God – our Savior.’ To You `be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore”‘ (Jude 25).
12. The Holy One. “Holy, holy, holy [are You] Lord God Almighty who was, and is, and is to come” (Rev. 4:8).
13. A Personal God. “I praise You, God, because You are a personal God, who gives me the honor of knowing You personally, even inviting me to feast at Your kingdom’s table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob” (Mt. 8:11).
14. A Giving God. “All praise and honor be Yours, 0 God, because You are a generous God, who did not even stop short of giving Your own Son” (]n. 3:16).
15. A Provider God. “I praise You today, Lord, as my Jehovah-Jireh (the Lord Will Provide), who makes all grace abound in and generously provides all I need” (2 Cor. 9:8).
16. God, My Shepherd. “I bless Your name and praise You as my Jehovah-Rohi (The Lord My Shepherd), who will shepherd me and guide me in the paths of righteousness for Your name’s sake” (Ps. 23:1-3).
17. God, My Victory. “Praise to You, my God, because You are my Jehovah-Nissi (The Lord My Banner), God, my victory, `who always leads [me] in triumphal procession in Christ”‘ (2 Cor. 2:14).
18. God, My Peace. “I praise You with all my heart, Lord, because You are my Jehovah-Shalom (The Lord Our Peace), `the God of peace [who] will soon crush Satan under [my] feet”‘ (Ro. 16:20).
19. The God Who Heals. “Father, I praise You because You are the Lord who heals me” (Ex. 15:26).
20. The God of All Comfort. “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort” (2 Cor. 1:3).
21. The God of Miracles. “Lord, I praise You because `you are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples”‘ (Ps. 77:14).
22. A Forgiving God. “I want to bless You with praise, Father, because `you are a forgiving God, gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love”‘ (Neh. 9:17).
23. The Burden Bearer. “Praise be to the Lord, to God [my] Savior, who daily bears [my] burdens” (Ps. 68:19).
24. A Faithful God. “I praise You because `your love, 0 LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies’ (Ps. 36:5), and `great is your faithfulness”‘ (Lam. 3:23).
25. King of Kings and Lord of Lords. “All honor and praise be to You, my God, `the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light”‘ (1 Tim. 6:15).
26. God the Liberator. “I will praise You because `you are my help and my deliverer; 0 LORD”‘ (Ps. 70:5).
27. The Lifter of My Head. “Father God, I praise You because `you are a shield around me, 0 LORD; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head’ when I am weary or despised” (Ps. 3:3).
28. God of Light. “I praise You, Lord, because You are `my light and my salvation’ (Ps. 27:1), and because You know `what lies darkness, and light dwells with [You]”‘ (Dan. 2:22).
29. God of Joy. “I give You praise, 0 LORD, because `you have granted [me] eternal blessings and made [me] glad with the joy of your presence”‘ (Ps. 21:6).
30. The God Who Answers Prayer. “I praise and honor You, Father because You are a God who loves to answer prayer and who begins to answer even
before I pray” (Is. 65:24).
31. The God of All the Earth. “I praise and adore You, Lord, as `the; Holy One of Israel … [my] Redeemer … the God of all d earth”‘ (Is. 54:5).
THE ABOVE MATERIAL WAS PUBLISHED BY PRAY! MAGAZINE, ISSUE #12. THIS MATERIAL IS COPYRIGHTED AND MAY BE USED FOR STUDY & RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY.