A Pastor’s Luck
By Author Unknown
* Good News: You baptized seven people today in the river.
* Bad News: You lost two of them in the swift current.
* Good News: The women’s group voted to send you a get-well card.
* Bad News: The vote passed by 31-30.
* Good News: The pastor-parish relations committee accepted your job description the way you wrote it.
* Bad News: They were so inspired by it that they asked the bishop to send a new minister capable of filling the position.
* Good News: The trustees finally voted to add more church parking.
* Bad News: They are going to blacktop the front lawn of the parsonage.
* Good News: Church attendance rose dramatically the last three weeks.
* Bad News: You were on vacation.
* Good News: Your biggest critic just left your community.
* Bad News: He has been appointed as your conference bishop.
* Good News: The youth of the church came to your house for a visit.
* Bad News: It was in the middle of the night and they were armed with toilet paper and shaving cream.
* Good News: The Church Council has agreed to send you to the Holy Land for study.
* Bad News: They are waiting for war to break out before sending you.
From: www.quotablequotes.com 2009