By Tim Massengale
For Church Ministry Leaders
1. Prayerfully set your NUMBER type goals for this year. Be realistic Consult the pastor if needed.
2. Read carefully through your Job Description. Note any NEW programs, improvements or ministries. All these should appear in the QUALITY IMPROVEMENT section of the One-Year Plan.
3. Again, carefully read through your Job Description. Note any activities that you are asked to ANNUALLY, QUARTERLY, or BI-MONTHLY. All these should appear in the ANNUAL ACTIVITIES section of the One-Year Plan.
4. EVERYTHING in the GOALS FOR THE YEAR OF 1989 section of the Job Description should be listed on your One-Year Plan.
5. Check your notes from the annual Planning Retreat. If the pastor decided to do something this year that involves your department, it should appear on your One-Year Plan.
6. Add any of your OWN IDEAS that you with to do concerning your department. You may wish to consult the pastor first.
7. EVERY Quality Improvement Goal and Annual Activity MUST have a date set upon it. If you are unsure of when this activity or improvement should be done, set it in the MONTH you feel would be best. You may wish to consult the pastor on this also.
8. DON’T FALL INTO THE TRAP OF TRYING TO DO “TOO MUCH TOO QUICK”. GIVE YOURSELF PLENTY OF TIME TO DO EACH ACTIVITY, IT IS BETTER TO DO A FEW THINGS WELL THAN MANY THINGS POORLY. REMEMBER IF THE LORD SHOULD TARRY, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE NEXT YEAR
(The above information was submitted by Tim Massengale)
Christian Information Network