JOB DESCRIPTION: CAMPUS MINISTRY DIRECTOR
By: Bro. Matthew Anderson
To administer and motivate the Campus Ministry in a manner that will result in College students being saved and bring growth for the church. Your major focus will be upon
1.) making as many contacts as possible within the campus you are working.
2.) following through with a Home Bible Study to establish the student. By doing this you will assist in accomplishing the main task of the church, this being, to win souls to Jesus Christ.
1. Must be filled with the Holy Ghost.
2. Must meet the qualifications for Church Membership.
3. Must be loyal to the Pastor.
4. Must be willing to work in harmony with others.
5. Must carry a burden for the College Campus Ministry.
6. Must be able to install enthusiasm and excitement in the Campus Workers.
7. Must be able to lead and motivate department staff.
8. Must carry a burden for College Students.
9. Must be faithful and dependable in accomplishing duties.
10. Must have knowledge of the operation of the Campus Ministry.
* Shall oversee and supervise all operations of the Campus Ministry under the direction of the Pastor.
* Shall seek to implement all duties with tact, zeal and love.
* Shall work diligently to include as many as you need in the Campus Ministry work so as to have enough help to effectively reach the campus with the Gospel.
* Shall hold a Friday evening outreach rally with all Campus workers.
a. 7:00 – 7:30 prayer
7:30 – 8:00 pep talk and instructions
8:00 – 10:00 witness and make contacts throughout campus
* Shall coordinate the weekly Bible Studies.
* Shall work with each Bible Study teacher to ensure that every study is going smoothly and is progressing.
* Shall give to the Pastor, when vacancies occur in your staff, a list of recommendations for replacement.
* Shall work with the Pastor to select an assistant so that someone will be familiar with all procedures in the event you are unable to be on duty or sick.
* Shall endeavor to not schedule any departmental activities on Monday night, Monday will be known as “Family Night”.
* Shall be an example to the church in spiritual growth by coming at least one-half hour before each service to pray.
* Shall be an example to the church in faithfulness by attending all church services and functions.
* Shall attend all Planning Retreats and monthly departmental Planning Councils.
* If unable to attend because of an emergency, shall inform the Pastor in advance and endeavor to have a substitute (your assistant) attend in your place.
* Shall hand in an official monthly report at the monthly Staff Council.
* Shall perform additional duties as required.
The Campus Ministry Director is responsible directly to the Pastor. Each year, the Pastor and director will review this Job Description, update and improve to make more applicable to the position. Accountability shall consist of a monthly report of all Campus Ministries activities and upcoming events. The Campus Ministry Director is responsible for all Campus staff and personnel. The Director shall work closely with all departments, but especially with the Home Bible Study Department. Evaluation of performance of this position shall be performed by the Pastor on an annual basis. The term of this office shall be for one year.
Goals for the Year of 1992
* Start a weekly prayer and fasting day for Campus Ministry.
* Start “cell-group” concept of Campus Ministry.
* Set a goal for at least 4 Home Bible Studies each month of Campus Ministry.
* Hold several Campus Ministries promotions.
(The above material was designed and prepared by Matthew Anderson, an Indiana Bible College student graduate.)
Christian Information Network