JOB DESCRIPTION – CHURCH JANITOR #2
By: Lakelie Simoneaux
To administrate and organize the cleaning of the church building so that the house of God is always beautiful and a clean place of worship.
1. Must be filled with the Holy Ghost.
2. Must meet the qualifications for the church membership,
3. Must be loyal to the pastor.
4. Must be willing to work in harmony with others.
5. Must carry a burden for the House of God.
6. Must be able to lead and motivate staff.
7. Must be faithful and dependable in accomplishing duties.
8. Must have a knowledge of the cleaning.
** Should organize cleaning groups.
** Should get with these groups to let them know exactly what there duties are.
A helpful way of doing this would be to give them a check list they can work on, such as the following;
1. Vacuum sanctuary and outside halls.
2. Dust all furniture on the platform and in the foyer.
3. After each baptism clean out the tank and make sure the wet robs and make sure they are put in a plastic bag and make sure they are washed.
4. After each baptism mop the floor around the tank and in the changing room.
5. Clean mirrors in foyer and glass doors.
6. Clean each restroom and make sure they have plenty toilet paper, soap, and paper towels.
7. Check kleenex boxes at alter, and replace them if need be.
8. Water plants on the platform and in the foyer.
** Should make up schedule for these groups, alternating groups weekly, and follow up to make sure they know when they are scheduled to clean.
** Should make sure cleaning supplies are always available, cleaning rags are clean and in there proper place,
** You will oversee the following operations involving janitorial duties:
(1) Ordering supplies on a timely bases. ex: bathroom tissue, soap, cleaning solutions…
(2) Organize spring cleaning listing all jobs needing attention.
(3) Keep Pastor up to date on any deterioration in the church building, not the church body.
(4) You are encouraged to check into new products and procedures.
(5) You serving as a model will encourage congregational participation.
(6) Shall insure that church is locked an everything turned off after cleaning.
(7) will perform additional duties as required.
** Should make sure there are flowers bought for special services.
** Should follow up with the cleaning groups and make sure the job is done,
** Should report any repairs, lights that need changing, or heavy work that needs to be done, to the maintenance group.
The Maintenance Director is responsible directly to the pastor. Each year, the Pastor and Maintenance Director will review this Job description, update and improve it to make more applicable to the position. The Director is responsible for all sub-department staff. Evaluation of performance of this position shall be performed by the Pastor on an annual basis. The term of this office shall
be for a period of one year.
Job Goals for the Year of 19__
(The above material was designed and developed by Lakelie Simoneaux, an Indiana Bible College student graduate.)
Christian Information Network