JOB DESCRIPTION – NURSERY ATTENDANTS
WHITEHAVEN UNITED PENTECOSTAL CHURCH
To administer and motivate the Nursery in a manner that will result in growth, maturity, and stability of the infants. Major focus will be placed on proper organization, quality instruction, infants comfort, and parents satisfaction. In focusing upon these, you will accomplish the main task of the Nursery, this being “caring” and “sharing”.
1. Must be loyal to Pastor/S.S. Superintendent.
2. Must be willing to work in harmony with others.
3. Must be a lover of children.
4. MUST be faithful and dependable in accomplishing duties.
5. Must have a knowledge of the operation/functions of the Nursery.
1. Shall be on time! You should be in the nursery about 15 minutes before service time so that you will be ready when babies start arriving. Shall have your smock on and the nursery in order.
2. Shall greet each parent and child. Make sure that you know the child’s first name and last name, who parents are, and what the diaper bag looks like.
3. Shall have parents fill out a “Baby Schedule”. Read over it before the parent leaves so that you will understand what the baby will need.
4. Shall never put two babies in the same bed at the same time. Try to give each baby their own bed.
5. Shall wipe the changing table after each diaper change. Spray with disinfectant and wipe clean with paper towels.
6. Shall avoid borrowing from other babies diaper bags. Such as baby wipes, diapers, food, etc. Let parents know if they are not bringing enough for their baby.
7. Shall never leave baby bottles laying around. Babies should be in their bed or held when given a bottle. Put bottles back in diaper bags when finished. Do not leave them in the beds.
8. Babies should be in a high chair when given any type of food. Shall not allow the baby to walk/crawl around on the floor with food in their hands. Use a highchair or hold baby when they are eating.
9. Shall not use the same spoon, cup, or bottle to feed two different babies. Mothers should provide all feeding supplies for their child. Again, DO NOT BORROW from other babies diaper bags.
10. Shall keep faces, hands, and noses clean. Shall make sure that shoes are tied and clothes buttoned, snapped, or zipped. If baby soils his clothes badly, check diaper bag for extra clothes and change immediately.
11. Shall supervise all play. Playing is fun, but babies can hurt one another if they are not closely watched.
12. Shall not allow a baby to cry for long periods of time. Check babies schedule to see if it is feeding time. Make sure that his diaper is dry. If you are unable to calm the baby within 30 minutes time, you should notify the parents.
13. Shall not allow anyone in the nursery except for parents. No children above the age of two. When they turn three they graduate.
14. Shall never leave the nursery unattended. Even if all of the babies are asleep, DO NOT leave the room. Find someone to take your place if you must leave.
15. Be aware of the time. Start cleaning up and getting the babies and their diaper bags ready to go about 10 minutes before the service is expected to be over.
16. Shall thoroughly clean and disinfect the nursery before you leave. You will need to wash teething rails, highchair, swing and microwave. Spray with disinfectant and wipe with clean paper towels.
17. Shall change crib sheets after each service. Take down baby schedules and give to parents. Bag up trash.
18. Please call Sis. Black or church office if for any reason you will not be able to work. Please give as much notice as possible.
19. Do not allow toddlers to take mats from the beds and jump on them on the floor. Mats remain in beds at all times.
20. ABSOLUTELY NO SICK CHILDREN!!!! If child has a fever and is brought to the nursery, please tell parents they will have to take the baby to service with them for that evening. We cannot take the RISK of the other children getting the virus.
21. Please do not bring food from home either for yourself or the babies. There will be snacks provided by the church to give, otherwise only what is in the child’s diaper bag.
** Shall work with other Nursery attendants to share in all aspects of nursery duties.
** Shall be prepared to work in Nursery during special services, such as Revivals, Seminars, etc., as notified by Sunday School Superintendent/Pastor.
** Shall be an example to the children in faithfulness by attending and performing nursery duties.
** Shall attend all Quarterly Nursery Worker/Parent Meetings.
** Shall keep neat and accurate records of all children attending nursery every service.
** Shall complete and hand in a monthly report to S.S. Superintendent.
** All keys and related materials loaned to you during the term of your duties must be returned upon leaving your position.
** Shall maintain oversight and supervision of facilities and furnishings in your assigned area.
** Shall be responsible for the security of areas under your care including access to locked rooms and use of nursery equipment.
** Shall perform additional duties as required.
The Nursery Attendants is responsible directly to the Sunday School Superintendent/Pastor. Each year the Sunday School Superintendent/Pastor and Nursery Attendants will review this Job Description, update and improve to make more applicable to the position. Evaluation of performance of this position shall be performed by the Pastor on an annual basis. The term of this office shall be for one year.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
** Read “Caring For Babies”, by Joan Leach and Patricia St. Louis. (Standard Publishing)
** Read any additional book(s) provided by Superintendent or Pastor.
JOB GOALS FOR THE YEAR OF 1991
** Be on time for service, at least 15 minutes prior to church starting time.
** Begin and maintain parents completing “Baby Schedules”.
** Begin and maintain keeping accurate records of children attending nursery.
** Begin and maintain filling out monthly report.
** Begin and maintain attending all quarterly Parent/ Worker nursery meetings.
Arrival time: 9:45 a.m.
Dismissal: 12:00 noon or whenever all babies have been picked up by parent. Please do not give child to anyone else.
Arrival time: 4:15 p.m. – for worker on choir duty 5:45 p.m. – for other worker
Dismissal: 15 minutes after ALTAR service.
Arrival time: 7:15 p.m.
Dismissal: 15 minutes after close of service.
** We are requesting that one worker be here weekly for choir practice. You may wish to rotate weekly/monthly, but this is very necessary for choir members. Also this again is for children only two years of age and under.
(The above material was published by WHITEHAVEN UNITED PENTECOSTAL CHURCH)
Christian Information Network