JOB DESCRIPTION: RADIO MINISTRIES DIRECTOR
By: Bro. Gary Reinking
To administer and to promote the daily Radio Broadcast, to control all aspects of the Radio Ministry under the supervision of the music director and also to the pastor. Develop pamphlets for mailouts, run special promotions for church and radio broadcast, follow up responses on correspondence and request for Bible Studies, help find premiums for on-air promotion, manage tape ministry premiums, manage program taping, develop record keeping system, you will assist in accomplishing the main task of radio ministry, this being, to promote an atmosphere in which God can move and touch lives for His Kingdom.
1. Must be filled with the Holy Ghost.
2. Must meet the qualifications for church membership.
3. Must be loyal to the pastor.
4. Must be willing work in harmony with others.
5. Must carry the burden for the radio ministry.
6. Must instill enthusiasm and excitement.
7. Must be able to lead and to motivate people.
8. Must be a lover of souls of men and women.
9. Must be faithful and dependable in accomplishing duties.
10. Must have the knowledge of the operation of the radio ministry.
* Shall oversee and supervise all operations of radio ministry under the direction of the pastor and minister of music.
* Shall see to implement this ministry with zeal, dedication, professionalism and love.
* Shall approve, through the Pastor, all promotions that would be aired on the broadcast.
* Shall be responsible to continually look for and develop the following:
a. tape of the month
b. home bible study ministry
c. developing pamphlets for mailouts
d. general promotions of the church
e. general promotions of the radio ministry
f. people profile (testimony)
g. mailing list of all supporters.
h. keep accurate record of all correspondence.
i. submit bi-weekly ad from radio ministry for church bulletin.
j. shall design various printed materials and flyers and submit to promotion director.
k. shall advertise radio activities in local newspapers and on sister radio stations in accordance with the FCC law. CAUTION: you must word announcements carefully and properly in order to be accepted.
l. make all necessary contacts to local radio stations and religious editor of local newspaper(s) and find out in what manner they wish to receive radio ministry promotions.
m. contact radio station to inform of any church activities that would be of a community service nature.
n. shall work with the Pastor to select a “theme” or “slogan” for each month or year and to promote this theme in all advertising and promotional literature.
o. post monthly supporters.
p. make sure that all community welcoming packets are informed of the radio broadcast and the time that it is on the air.
q. make sure the equipment and supplies used by radio ministry in good repair and adequately stocked.
r. try to the best of your ability to meet all deadlines and goals in the expected amount of time. Any changes in activities or deadlines will be reported to the Pastor.
* Shall work with volunteers and train volunteers to serve in areas of the radio
* Shall be an example to the church in faithfulness by attending all scheduled
* Shall attend all Annual Planning Retreats and Monthly Departmental Planning
* Shall hand in an official monthly report at the monthly staff meeting.
* Shall perform additional as deemed necessary.
The Radio Director is responsible directly to the Minister of Music and also responsible to the Pastor. Accountability shall consist of monthly reports to the Minister of Music and Pastor. Shall work very closely with all departments. The term of this office shall be for one year.
Training and Development
* Do various research projects on radio ministry. (UPCI headquarters, St.. Louis, MO; Apostolic Information Service, Indianapolis, IN).
* Attend local seminars and lectures in regards to radio ministries and promotional avenues.
* Read any additional books or literature provided by the Pastor or found in your local library.
Job Goals for the year of 1992
* Develop a mailing list of all past correspondence for the previous year.
* Begin mailing radio announcements to local radio stations and ads to newspapers and/or advertising agencies of all church activities.
* To develop a record keeping system for the radio ministry.
* Help develop an increase of 15% on current premiums.
(The above material was designed and prepared by Gary Reinking, an Indiana Bible College Student.)
Christian Information Network