Job Description: Young Married Department Director
Mike Black Jr.
To administer and motivate the Young Married Department to higher spiritual and social growth. Major focus will be on providing the Young Married with spiritual, social, outreach, and fund-raising activities that will glorify God. In doing these things, you will be helping teach the Young Married to become better leaders in the church.
1. Must be filled with the Holy Ghost and be a spiritually mature Christian.
2. Loyal to pastor and pastor’s wife.
3. Must meet the qualifications for church membership.
4. Obedient to church leadership.
5. Stable, responsible personal life.
6. Educable; willing to and able to learn more.
7. Possess a burden for Young Married ministry.
8. Faithful and dependable in accomplishing duties
9. Part of the Young Married Age Group.
1. Shall oversee all operations of the Young Married ministry under the direction of the pastor with love and dedication.
2. Shall take and active interest in planning and participating in:
a. The social aspect of the Young Married to unify them as a strong body.
b. The soulwinning involvement of the Young Married to see other Young Married couples saved.
c. The fund raising goals of the Young Married to help them get some financial stability.
d. The spiritual growth of the Young Married to see them develop a stable walk with God.
3. Shall serve the entire Young Married ministry by promoting and encouraging its success.
a. Shall keep up with all areas of the Young Married work from the national, district, and sectional level.
b. Shall serve as an example to the Young Married by serving as a role model in worship and consecration.
4. Shall coordinate various Young Married meetings and outings.
5. Shall attend all sectional meetings and encourage the Young Married group to do the same.
6. Shall promote and supervise Young Married prayer meetings whenever scheduled.
a. Shall encourage the Young Married to go to all church prayer meetings including pre-service prayer.
7. Shall plan and coordinate occasional social activities such as:
c. game/talk times
8. Shall assume the responsibility to have a Young Married Sunday School class.
9. Shall organize an annual seminar, for the Young Married in the church, catering to the needs of single parents.
10. Shall be responsible to remember special occasions, such as Birthdays and Anniversaries of those in your group and their children.
11. Shall assume the responsibility for their emotional support.
12. Establish a benevolence fund to help young married that may be in serious financial need.
1. Shall be an example to the Young Married in attending all church services and special functions.
2. Shall be an example to the Young Married in soul winning by taking active part in the Home Bible Study Ministry or some other outreach.
3. Shall be an example to all Young Married by coming at least one-half hour before services to pray.
4. Shall attend all Annual and Monthly planning retreats and councils.
5. Shall perform additional duties as required.
The Young Married Director is responsible directly to the Pastor. Each year, the Pastor and Young Married director will review the job description, update and improve to make more applicable to the position. Evaluation of performance of this position shall be performed by the pastor on an annual basis. The term of this office is for one year.
Training and Development
* Read Let my People Grow by Tim Massengale (Revival Research)
* Read book(s) provided by pastor.
Job Goals for The Year Of 2009
* Assist pastor in expanding the ministry for Young Marrieds.
* Begin a quarterly newsletter for Young Married.
* Begin monthly Young Married prayer time before Sunday Night Service.
This article “Job Description: Young Married Department Director” is written by Mike Black Jr.
The material is most likely copyrighted and should not be reprinted under any other name or author. However, this material may be freely used for personal study or research purposes.