PROFILE OF GROWTH (CHECK UP)
Prayerfully consider each item in this check up and answer accordingly. You will be given an opportunity to establish some definite goals later. Let this assessment assist you in the life changing process of evaluating ourselves and adjusting our course for Growth. Please circle the appropriate area.
1. I feel that I have made definite progress in my spiritual growth in the past year.
2. I am maintaining a daily prayer life and life in the Word of God.
3. I do discipline myself to an extended fast (at least 3 days) at least once a year.
4. I do maintain a relatively consistent program of exercise for my physical well being.
5. I do have my weight within 10 lbs. of my personal goal.
6. I maintain a good well rounded study program including; my Bible, devotional books, self-improvement books, and news weekly to stay abreast of current events.
7. Yes, I do schedule into my work week quality time with my family.
8. I am totally convinced that my only limitations are those that are self imposed.
9. I have made definite progress in the area of better inter-personal relationships.
10. I do not find it difficult in getting along with others on the church staff.
11. I definitely consider desire to be one of my strong points.
12. I do not find it too difficult to stay motivated.
13. I am normally a very positive person in my mental attitude, and preach and project the same (i.e. teach).
14. I consider myself a very enthusiastic person.
15. I am not easily discouraged.
16. I do have the ability to “snap back” from temporary set backs that come my way without brooding over my failures.
17. I do seek to communicate more effectively to those I come in contact with especially my family and those I work with.
18. I am convinced generally that I am a key to the success or failure of our church.
19. I have read at least one good book on leadership in the past year.
20. I consider myself an adept manager, including; planning, goal setting, organizing and follow through.
21. I am not afraid to delegate authority.
22. I feel complimented rather than challenged when people who are under me grow to their maximum.
23. I am now attempting to share in our church growth and outreach.
24. I am now aware of the need to train other lay people for their work in the ministry of Truth Tabernacle.
25. My greatest desire is to be an instrument for the advancement of God’s church on the earth.
MY SCORE (FOUR POINTS FOR ALL YES ANSWERS)
90 or above – excellent growth seen
80 – 90 – good growth patterns
70 – 80 – growth seen, but not enough
60 – 70 – definitely need to redirect for growth
Below – must immediately correct trend or die
CHURCH LEADERSHIP APPOINTMENT EVALUATION LIST 1 Tim. 3:10
VS S W VW N/A
VW (Very Weak) Not ready for consideration Pr. 16:32; 25; 28; Mat. 15:14
W (Weak) Not ready for appointment 1 Ti. 3:6; 5:22
VS (Very Strong) Appoint leadership position 1 Ti.2:2; Phil 2:20-24
S (Strong) Delegate, proved, then appoint 1 Tim. 3:9-10; 1 Jn 2:14
ESTABLISHED PRAYER LIFE 1 Th 5:17 __ __ __ __ __
SOUND IN DOCTRINE He 13:9 __ __ __ __ __
HONOURING TITHES & OFFERINGS Mal 3:8 __ __ __ __ __
CHURCH ATTENDANCE He 10:25-28 __ __ __ __ __
ACCEPTANCE OF DISCIPLINE Mat 18:17 __ __ __ __ __
LOYALTY TO THE CHURCH Rev 2:3 __ __ __ __ __
WITNESSING EFFORT Mat 10:32-33 __ __ __ __ __
LOYALTY TO THE PASTOR 2 Ti 4:10, 14-17 __ __ __ __ __
RECOGNITION OF PASTORAL AUTHORITY Ro 13:1-7 __ __ __ __ __
RESPECT FOR CHURCH DECISION Acts 16:4-5, 3 Jn 9-12 __ __ __ __ __
MORALS 1 Th 4:1-6; Eph 5:4-6 __ __ __ __ __
OBEDIENCE Heb 13:7,17 __ __ __ __ __
MARITAL RELATIONS Eph 5:25-31; 1 Ti 3:11 __ __ __ __ __
CONFIDENTIALITY Dan 12:9 __ __ __ __ __
HONESTY Acts 6:3 __ __ __ __ __
FINANCIAL FAITHFULNESS Lu 16:8-13; 1 Ti 6:10 __ __ __ __ __
COVETOUSNESS Eph 5:3 __ __ __ __ __
TRUSTWORTHY & TRUTHFUL Ps 51:6 __ __ __ __ __
FAITHFULNESS Mat 25:15-21 __ __ __ __ __
ATTITUDE TO CHURCH ADMINISTRATION DECISIONS 2 Ti 4:14-16 __ __ __ __ __
HOME LIFE 1 Ti 3:4-5 __ __ __ __ __
BUSYBODY ATTITUDE 2 Th 3:11-16 __ __ __ __ __
CAREER WORK ATTITUDE 1 Th 4:10-11; 2 Th 3:10 __ __ __ __ __
GIFTED Ex 31:1-6; Ex 35:30-35 __ __ __ __ __
ABILITY TO COPE WITH PROBLEMS Jer 12:5 __ __ __ __ __
HAS INITIATIVE AND MOTIVATED 2 Ki 7:1-7; Gen 39:21-23 __ __ __ __ __
CONFIDENT 1 Sam 17:29-37, 45-48 __ __ __ __ __
LEADERSHIP POTENTIAL ANALYSIS
__ 1. Can you break yourself of a bad habit?
__ 2. Can you discipline yourself to a long fast? (3 or more days)
__ 3. Do you think independently?
__ 4. Can you handle criticism objectively?
__ 5. Can you keep a confidence?
__ 6. Do you recover from disappointments quickly?
__ 7. Do you easily secure the cooperation of others?
__ 8. Are you a peacemaker?
__ 9. Can you resist being a party to gossip?
__ 10. Can you accept opposition to your viewpoint graciously?
__ 11. Do you pray daily?
__ 12. Do you find it easy to keep friends?
__ 13. Can you function well without recognition?
__ 14. Are you at ease meeting strangers?
__ 15. Are you really interested in people?
__ 16. Are you interested in people of all types and races?
__ 17. Are you tactful?
__ 18. Are you kind?
__ 19. Is it easy for you to compliment others?
__ 20. Do you weigh your words before you speak?
__ 21. Do you find it easy to make apologies?
__ 22. Do you welcome responsibility?
__ 23. Can you hide your annoyances?
__ 24. Can you accept the “obnoxious” person?
*LET A MAN EXAMINE HIMSELF…….. (lst CORINTHIANS 11:28)
1. Have I been true to my convictions?
2. Have I been honest with God & myself?
3. Have I sought earnestly to have a pure heart and a pure mind?
4. Have I been faithful to all services as we are directed from the word of God?
5. Do I hunger for spiritual things more than I do natural things?
6. Have I prayed and communicated with God daily as I should?
7. Do I really believe that all men & women outside of Christ are lost?
8. Knowing that all outside of the gospel are lost, have I done my best to reach them with the message of salvation?
9. Do I really believe according to Revelations that the unsaved shall burn in hell?
10. Do I have a forgiving spirit?
11. As a steward..have I given of my time as well as my substance from a willing heart?
12. Have I been conscientious in paying my tithes?
13. Have I refused to be a part of any gossip?
14. If a parent…have I loved my child & been a true example before them?
15. If a teenager or child..have I obeyed my parents and loved them as I should?
16. Have I been faithful to responsibilities and service God has entrusted into my care at Victory Tabernacle?
17. Is there anything in my heart that would hinder me from meeting God in peace?
18. Have I abided by the teachings of this church and loyal to it’s leadership?
19. Do I harbor any ill feelings against one of my brothers or sisters in the Lord?
20. Knowing that my time on earth is drawing to a close will I give to God my very best from this time on?
1. Do I believe a leader can have a significant, positive impact on his people?
2. Do I have the right to expect high levels of performance from my people? Why?
3. Do I thoroughly understand how to select the right people for each job? If not, what will I do now?
4. Do I have in place a creative relentless training program to expand my skill and the skills of all my people? If not, what will I do now?
5. Do I have in place a master organization plan that assists and directs my efforts and the efforts of all my people?
6. Do I have high levels of rapport with each of my people? If not, why not. If not, what can I do to achieve it now?
7. Do I thoroughly understand how to keep my people interested in their work? If not, what can I do now?
8. If you were just starting your first job, how would you feel about working for a boss just like you?
9. Am I creating ever higher levels of autonomy and self esteem in all my people? If not, why not? If not, what can I do?
10. Am I responsible for each of my people?
11. Have I ever accepted responsibility for any of my people? If so, what can I do?
12. Should I be trusted?
13. Am I trusted?
14. How can I be trusted (more)?
15. Am I able to handle being misunderstood?
16. Am I able to handle being disliked?
17. Am I a competent thinker? If not, what will I do now?
18. How much control do I have over what I do (in reference to my work)?
19. How much control do I have over when I do what I do (in reference to my work)?
20. Is my need to be needed greater than my desire to grow as a leader?
21. Do I retreat to things familiar when under challenge?
22. Does my self-esteem depend on being treated fairly or am I more interested in having more freedom to do my own thing?
23. Do I feel the exercise of authority is the most effective way a leader can use to get things done?
24. Do I feel that allegiances are what get things done on a permanent basis?
25. Do I feel people often live up to the level at which they are trusted?
26. Do I feel people have to be distrusted?
27. How many people do I think lose their jobs because of incompatibility rather than incompetence?
28. As a leader, am I more concerned with efficiency of my workers than with their effectiveness?
29. If my workers were to describe me as a leader, what would most of them answer? Why do you think your assessment is accurate?
30. Does my leadership raise the self-esteem of my people?
31. Does my track record verify what I say?
32. In relationship to the people I am responsible for, what form of communications do I most often practice?
(a) One way (I tell)
(b) Two ways (everybody has a say in what we do)
(Does my form of communication vary on which employee I am dealing with?)
33. How do I view tradition?
34. How do I view change-challenge or crisis?
35. Am I open to re-hiring former employees?
36. Am I moving toward a higher level of self-direction?
37. What are the ingredients of self-direction?
38. Is my work enhancing or diminishing my self-esteem?
39. Am I optimistic about the future?
40. Do I avoid cynics and cynicism?
41. Do I feel I’m in control of my work? My life?
Christian Information Network