Morbus Sabbaticus [Sunday Sickness] is a disease peculiar to church membership.
1. They symptoms vary, but it never interferes with the appetite.
2. It never lasts more than 24 hours at a time
3. No physician is ever called.
4. It always proves fatal in the end-to the soul
5. It is contagious
6. It is indicative of a worse disease-carnality
7. It passes away Sunday afternoon so that the patient can go riding in the car, go to Wal-Mart, returns in the evening by 6:00 PM and then by Monday morning is completely gone so that the patient can go to work and feel fine.
This article “Sunday Sickness” by Avery Dummitt was excerpted from: The Preacher’s Page Ezine. February 2008. It may be used for study & research purposes only.
This article may not be written by an Apostolic author, but it contains many excellent principles and concepts that can be adapted to most churches. As the old saying goes “Eat the meat. Throw away the bones.”