The following material explains the evangelism method developed by Pastor Mark Lemke of Menasha, WI. He has seen considerable success. Contacts are obtained from the two daily newspapers in their area. Home bible study prospects are followed up with a personal visit.
“Hello, my name is Mark Lemke from the Fox Cities United Pentecostal Church. I’m calling to congratulate you and (spouse’s
name) on your new baby (boy or girl).”
“I would like to ask your permission to mail a letter listing a few questions that people often ask me about the Bible.”
VARIOUS ANSWERS TO RESPONSES:
1. I’m not trying to sell you anything or draw you away from your present church.
2. This is not a questionnaire or survey–no work involved.
3. The reason I’m calling you (name) is to let you know that there are direct Bible answers to commonly asked questions.
PURPOSE: To increase the public’s awareness and working knowledge of the scriptures.
IF “No Thank You”, then say: “Thank you for your time.”
IF “Yes”, then–ask for updated information about names, addresses, PO Box numbers and zip codes.
Record ALL information on 3 x 5 index cards for callback or tickler file.
Mail letter with enclosed “Exploring God’s Word” Home Bible Study Brochure.
I sincerely hope everything is going well with you and your family.
By now you have received many letters on many topics. Let me assure you… I’m not selling anything or trying to draw you away
from your present church.
Here are some common questions that people ask me about God and His Word:
1. Is the Bible God’s inspired Word?
2. Is divine healing still for today?
3. Can I know for sure that I’m saved?
4. How were people baptized in the Bible?
5. What does it mean to be born of water and the Spirit?
6. Can we save this earth?
7. Who is Jesus Christ?
If you would like Bible answers to these questions now, you may call me at 724-4444… or save this letter with the enclosed
brochure and I will call you soon.
Pastor Mark Lemke
P.S. Thank you for your time.
Use first class, hand printed envelope.
Callback by phone 7 – 10 days later.
“Did you receive the letter and brochure?”
IF “Yes”,–“Did you have a chance to look it over and discuss with your spouse?”
IF “Yes”,–“Would you be interested in taking a closer look at the FREE Home Bible Study mentioned?”
IF “Yes”, — “Make an appointment to show chart and lesson outlines. Exploring God’s Word or Search For Truth.
IF “No”, — “Thank you for letting me mail these Bible questions to you. If you ever need answers to your Bible questions, please
call me, and I’ll do my best to help you!”
Reaffirmation phone call on appointment for showing HBS mentioned.
Actual appointment for showing chart and lesson outlines, EGW, SFT, or others OK? Check for:
1. Genuine interest and sincerity.
2. Type of people to match with HBS teachers from your church.
Assign teacher or couple to get acquainted and/or teach first lesson of HBS.
* You have now made six contacts with your prospect.
* A good rule of selling is that “SIX STICKS”!
* By now you have pretty well selected a likely candidate for teaching the Word of God.