CHILDREN’S CHURCH JOB DESCRIPTION
WHITEHAVEN UNITED PENTECOSTAL CHURCH
A. Must be filled with the Holy Ghost.
B. Must meet the qualifications of church membership (membership is not required).
C. Must be faithful to the church in all ways:
1. Attend all services.
3. Outreach, etc.
A. Responsible for planning and praying over lesson. (Try to follow a theme for the month you are involved).
B. Responsible for cleaning and setting up the Cafeteria for Children’s Church.
C. Responsible to be at the Quarterly Children Church Workers Meeting, for the quarter in which you are involved.
D. Responsible for keeping accurate attendance records weekly. Try to contact absentees with a card or a phone call. Let them know they were missed.
E. Responsible for contacting the Sunday School Director when you will be absent.
Please do not get someone on your own to take your place.
F. Responsible for fulfilling the following objectives on Wednesday evening:
1. Make everyone feel welcome
2. Create a spirit of worship
3. Prepare students for that evening’s lesson.
G. Some possible means of worship are:
1. Songs – specials, tape or records
2. Prayer Request
4. Variety a must in story telling! (Fannelgraph, puppets, skits, etc).
H. Plan to follow:
1. One teacher prepare story. (You may want to rotate weekly or have one teacher for entire month).
2. One teacher lead in worship and praise. (Special songs, offerings, testimonies, etc.)
3. One teacher prepare games or activity.
4. All teachers prepare snacks
I. Some things to remember:
1. Start on time and dismiss on time.
2. Begin with warm welcome and prayer.
3. Be enthusiastic and alert, you are setting the pace for the day.
4. Coordinate the opening with any special interest or emphasis.
A. To conduct one’s self everywhere as becometh a Christian. (NEVER HIT OR SPANK A CHILD, if in need of discipline, please contact Sunday School Director or Pastor).
B. To cleanse one’s self from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. (I Corinthians 7:1). Tobacco in any form, movies, dancing, alcoholic beverages, and unclean
conversations are considered unbecoming to a Christian.
C. To endeavor to manifest a spirit of brotherly love and fellowship toward all God’s people.
D. The dress and conduct of children’s church workers shall be in harmony with the church standards and Christian ethics. Slacks, shorts, low-cut necklines, and other unbecoming apparel shall not be permitted.
E. Jewelry such as necklaces, bracelets, earrings, etc., shall not be permitted.
F. Hair –
1. Ladies’ hair shall not be cut, trimmed, feathered, dyed, etc., in order to be a member of children church staff.
2. Mens’ hair shall be cut properly and not laying over collar, etc. Also face must be clean shaven.
IV. DISMISSAL OF STAFF
Any staff member manifesting a lack of interest and failing to attend services and meetings a reasonable amount of time may be removed by the Pastor.
The above material was assembled by Whitehaven United Pentecostal Church. This material may be copyrighted and should be used for study and research purposes only.