Director of Church Planting
Bro. Justin Reinking
United Pentecostal Church- 2002
To administer and motivate the Church Planting Department in a way that will result in new daughter works throughout the city and surrounding area. Your major focus will be on 1) locating new potential daughter work areas, and 2) working with the Pastor to select teams to begin the daughter works. By doing this, you will assist in accomplishing the most important job of the Church, reaching the lost.
1. Must be filled with the Holy Ghost.
2. Must meet the qualifications for church membership.
3. Must be loyal to the Pastor.
4. Must be willing to work in harmony with others.
5. Must carry a burden for the Church Planting ministry.
6. Must be able to instill enthusiasm and excitement in Planting workers.
7. Must be able to lead and motivate department staff.
8. Must be a lover of people from all areas of the city.
9. Must be faithful and dependable in accomplishing duties.
10. Must have knowledge of the operation/functions of the Church Planting Ministry.
* Shall oversee and supervise all operations of the Church Planting Department under the direction of the Pastor. Shall seek to implement all duties with tact, zeal, and love.
* Shall turn in monthly reports to the pastor outlining the activities and advances in the areas to reach.
* Shall work directly with the Pastor in seeking new geographical areas of ministry.
**Shall teach a minimum of two Bible studies per week in the areas of a church plant.
* Shall schedule coordinate activities in order to draw people from the neighborhoods to the church plants.
* Shall work with the Pastor on forming Church Plant teams.
* Shall gather physical resources such as: building materials, sound equipment, etc. that might be donated to remodel a building for a church plant.
* Must keep accurate records of all contacts in any areas where a church plant is being considered or currently being planted.
* Must establish a leadership course that would prepare any future church planters coming from the mother church to help work.
* Must establish a monthly rotating calendar of workers to be approved by the pastor. “Shall assist the pastor in selecting future pastors for the daughter works.
* Shall assist in decision-making process of which plant would be best. Would this be a good neighborhood for young people? Middle age? Elder? Is a church appropriate or just an extension of Sunday school in the local neighborhood?
* Shall work with the Pastor to select and assistant to help you in all aspects of your departmental duties.
* Shall endeavor to not schedule any departmental activities on Monday night. Monday will be known as “Family Night,” and all church members are encouraged to stay home with their families on this night.
* Shall be an example to the church in faithfulness by attending all church services and functions.
* Shall be an example to the church in soul winning by being continually involved in the Home Bible Study Ministry.
* Shall be an example to the church in spiritual growth by coming at least one-half hour before each service to pray.
* Shall attend all Annual Planning Retreats and Monthly Departmental Planning Councils.
* If unable to attend because of an emergency, shall inform the Pastor in advance and endeavor to have a substitute attend in your place.
* Shall hand in an official monthly report at the Monthly Staff Council.
**Shall perform additional duties as required.
The Director of Church Planting is responsible directly to the Pastor. Each year, the Pastor and Director of Church Planting will review this Job Description, update and improve to make more applicable to the position. Accountability shall consist of a monthly report of all activities and upcoming events. The director is responsible for all Church Planting staff and personnel. The director shall work closely with all departments, but especially with Outreach, Sunday school, and Visitor Follow-up. Evaluation of performance of this position shall be performed by the Pastor on an annual basis. The term of this office shall be for one year.
Training and Development
* Read “Let My People Grow” By Tim Massengale
* Read “Advanced Church Planting” By Jack Cunningham
* Read “Miracle Through the Fire” By Tommy & Judy Hudson
* Read “A Church Planter’s Dream” By David Norris
* Read “The Indigenous Church” By Melvin Hodges
Job Goals for the year 2002
* Have Church Planter workers attend the Home Bible Study Department’s H.B.S. Seminar
* Plan a Church Planting emphasis month following the seminar.
* Locate two buildings for use as church plants.
* Create a training program for potential church planter workers
* Establish a church planters outreach team
* Schedule a monthly prayer walk/journey in each new area of the city considered for a church plant
* Present four new potential areas of the city to the pastor by the end of the year for next year’s growth.