Radio Broadcast Director
Lighthouse Apostolic Church
Bro. J. Brian Smithson
For year of 2004
To administer and direct all areas of interest concerning the preaching of the Word of God through the medium of a radio broadcast. Major focus will be placed on the Sunday morning broadcast, Saturday morning call in show and all advertisements for the church specific to the airwaves. In focusing upon these, you will assist in accomplishing the main task of the promoting of the local church in a manner in which God is glorified.
1. Must be filled with the Holy Ghost.
2. Must meet the qualifications for church membership.
3. Must be loyal to the Pastor.
4. Must be willing to work in harmony with others.
5. Must have a passion for the Radio Broadcast Ministry.
6. Must be able to instill enthusiasm and excitement.
7. Must be able to lead and motivate people.
8. Must be a lover of the souls of the community.
9. Must be faithful and dependable in accomplishing duties.
10. Must have a knowledge of the operation of the Sound Room and recording aspects of the church.
– Shall oversee and supervise all operations of the Radio Broadcast under the direction of
the Pastor. Shall seek to implement this ministry with tact, zeal, dedication, and love.
– Shall approve, through the Pastor, all speakers and advertisements to see if they reasonably comply with the Pastor’s vision for the church. All new converts should have completed the New Life course before being used in the radio ministry, unless special permission has been obtained from the Pastor.
– Shall be responsible to continually look for and develop the media talent in the church
b. Call in Show Guest / Host
c. Special music
– Shall schedule a regular separate practice time for all live radio host and guest.
– Saturday Morning Call in Show: This is a weekly show that will air from 9:30 AM until 10:00 AM every Saturday morning. The forum is a typical call in show in which the listeners call in questions on specific (host) topic of the day. The format is as follows.
1. Open with prayer and make any announcements concerning the church for the upcoming two weeks.
2. Give directions and contact numbers to the church.
3. Recognize the Pastor.
3. Host to have a 2-4 minute introduction of a specific topic each week.
4. Give out the radio stations phone number every 2 minutes.
5. Answer questions in a Christ like manner.
6. Close with prayer and give out church details once again.
– Shall set up specific time for recording each week with selected speaker. The recording time must be posted each week on the Radio Broadcast calendar which is in the sound room. The appointment must be set up 1 week in advance.
– Shall see Pastor on a monthly basis to get approval for upcoming speakers. Must also have call in show host and guest approved on a weekly basis.
– Shall leave the sound room in same as or better condition than when you recorded. Shall help keep recording equipment up to date, serviced and in good repair.
– Shall work with the Pastor to select an assistant to work with you in all phases of Radio Broadcast Ministry.
– Shall endeavor to not schedule any departmental activities on Monday night. Monday will be a known as “Family Night” and all church members are encouraged to stay home with their families on this night.
– Shall attend all Annual Planning Retreats and Monthly Departmental Planning Councils.
– If unable to attend because of an emergency, shall inform the Pastor in advance and endeavor to have a substitute attend in your place.
– Shall hand in to the church financial secretary, an official invoice from the radio station on a monthly basis
– Shall be an example to the church in spiritual growth by coming at least one-half hour before each service to pray.
– Shall perform additional duties as required:
The Radio Broadcast Director is responsible directly to the Pastor. Each year, the Pastor and Radio Broadcast Director will review this Job Description, update and improve to make more applicable to the position. Accountability shall consist of a monthly report of all radio broadcast activities and events. The Director is responsible for all Radio Broadcast Department staff and personnel. The director will work with all departments and especially the Public Relations department. Evaluation of performance of this position shall be performed by the Pastor on an annual basis. The term of this office shall be for one year.
Training and Development
– Attend Radio Broadcasters Convention in Nashville if possible.
– Read current magazines that deal with this medium of communication.
– Read book(s) provided by the Pastor
Job Goals For The Year Of 2004
– Try to have weekly call in show topics picked 2 months in advance.
– Develop a list of qualifications and responsibilities for speakers.
– Explore possibility of developing the 30 minute call in show to a 2 hour show.
– Explore possibility of having pre-approved advertisers to help offset cost.
– Plan a year end party for all who participated in the radio broadcast ministry.
– Improve the Sound Ministry organization and operation.
– Develop Job Descriptions for all interdepartmental positions.
Apostolic Information Service