Prison Ministry Leader
Bro. Nathan Zimmerman
United Pentecostal Church
To administer and motivate the Prison Ministry Department in a manner that will result in prisoners being saved and bring growth for the Gods’ Church. Your major focus will be to keep helpers safe/ and reaching out to prisoners. By doing this, you will assist in accomplishing the main task of the Church, to win souls to Jesus Christ.
1. Must be filled with the Holy Ghost.
2. Must meet the qualifications for church membership.
3. Must be loyal to the Pastor.
4. Must be willing to work in harmony with others.
5. Must carry a burden for the Prison Ministry.
6. Must be able to instill enthusiasm and excitement in Prison Workers.
7. Must be able to lead and motivate department staff.
8. Must be a lover of Prisoners.
9. Must be faithful and dependable in accomplishing duties.
10. Must have a knowledge of the operations/functions of the Prison Ministry.
* Shall oversee and supervise all operations of the Prison Ministry Department under the direction of the Pastor. Shall seek to implement all duties with tact, zeal and love.
* Shall work with the Pastor to select an assistant so that someone will be familiar with, all procedures in the event you are unable to be on duty or sick.
* Shall endeavor to not schedule any departmental activities on Monday night. Monday will be known as “Family Night” and all church members are encouraged to stay home with their families on this night.
* Shall be an example to the church in soul winning by being continually involved in the Home Bible Study Ministry, or some other form of outreach ministry.
* Shall be an example to the church in spiritual growth by coming at least one-half hour before service to pray.
* Shall be an example to the church in faithfulness by attending all church services and functions.
* Shall attend all Annual Planning Retreats and Monthly Departmental Planning Councils.
* If unable to attend because of an emergency, shall inform the Pastor in advance and endeavor to have a substitute (your assistant) attend in your place.
* Shall hand in an official report at the Monthly Staff Council. Shall perform additional duties as required. Organizational Relationships
The Prison Ministry Director is responsible directly to the Pastor. Each year, the Pastor and Director will review this Job Description, update and improve to make more applicable to the position. Accountability shall consist of a monthly report of all Prison Ministry activities and upcoming events. The Prison Ministry Director is responsible for all prison staff and personnel. The director shall work closely with all departments, but especially with Home Bible Study, Public Relations, and Outreach. Evaluation of performance of this position shall be performed by the Pastor on an annual basis. The term of this office shall be for one year.
Job Goals For The Year Of 2005
* Start Saturday morning prayer meeting and pep session. Develop Job Descriptions for all interdepartmental positions.
The above material was published at Apostolic Information Service. This material may be copyrighted and should be used for study and research purposes only.