Nursing Home Ministry Director
Bro Mark Gillespie
United Pentecostal Church- 2004
To administer and supervise the Nursing Home Ministry in a manner that will result in souls being saved and growth for the body of Christ. Major Focus will be placed on proper organization, speaking the full truth and getting people involved to minister there. In focusing upon these, you will accomplish the main task of the Nursing Home, this being “teaching” and “reaching.”
1. Must be filled with the Holy Ghost.
2. Must meet the qualifications for church membership.
3. Must be loyal to the Pastor.
4. Must be willing to work with others.
5. Must carry a burden for the Nursing Home Ministry.
6. Must be able to lead and motivate people.
7. Must have a love for people.
8. Must have a consistent and growing prayer life.
9. Must have a stable walk with God.
10. Must have a knowledge of the operation and function of the Nursing home.
– Shall oversee and supervise all operations of the Nursing Home Ministry Department under the direction of the Pastor. Shall seek to fulfill all responsibilities with tact, dedication, and love.
– Shall attend all Annual Planning Retreats and Monthly Departmental Planning councils.
– If unable to attend because of emergency, shall inform the Pastor in advance and endeavor and endeavor to have a substitute in your place.
– To work with the Pastor in starting new Nursing homes around the City and getting people involved in those.
– Able to conduct service at the Nursing homes every Sunday.
– Shall perform additional duties that are required.
The Nursing Home Director is responsible directly to the Pastor. Each year, the Pastor and the Nursing home director will review this Job Description, update and improve to make more applicable to the position. Accountability shall consist of a monthly report of all activities and upcoming events. The Director is responsible for all Nursing Home Staff. The Director shall work closely with all departments, but especially with family member visit follow up. Evaluation of performance of this position shall be performed by the Pastor on an annual basis. The term of this
office shall be for one year.
Training and Development
– Read “Let my People Grow” by Tim Massengale.
– Read ” Nursing Home Manual”.
– Read additional books provided by Pastor.
Job Goals for the year of 2004
– Train and begin Nursing Home teams
– Hold a Nursing Home Meeting.
– Have the Attendance Sheet Turned in Every Sunday.
– More Nursing Homes started around the city.
The above material was published by Apostolic Information Service. This material may be copyrighted and should be used for study and research purposes only.