JOB DESCRIPTION: ASSOCIATE PASTOR
BROTHER BRETT J. CLARK
THE APOSTOLIC CHURCH
I. JOB PURPOSE:
The associate pastor must assist myself in any and all necessary, functions, and meet all necessary requirements and obligations that I am not able to. The associate pastor must work in harmony with me and the rest of my staff for the overall benefit of the church body.
1. Must be filled with the Holy Ghost.
2. Must meet standards and requirements set forth by the Word of God.
3. Must be willing to submit their pride to authority.
4. Must not cause dissention among church leaders.
5. Must be a leader in the church body, both in actions and in words.
6. Must be a living example of Christian character.
7. Must always exhibit Christian maturity
III. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Along with myself, oversee all other organizations within the church.
2. Attend to all hospital visitations, social events, etc, that the pastor is unable to attend.
3. Report back to myself as to the progress of the different organizational divisions, after their monthly meetings.
4. Involvement in any and all church service functions necessary on any given service day.
5. Be able to adequately fill in for myself as needed in my absence, whether it be preaching, etc.
6. Be faithful in church attendance,tithes paying, and offerings, etc.
7. Do whatever I want or cannot do myself.
IV. MESSAGE TO THE DIRECTOR:
You are chosen for the office of the associate pastor. You are being chosen after much prayer and fasting and guidance of the Holy Ghost. You are expected to take this job title seriously in the fear of the Lord, and to serve it to the highest level of possibility, and with all of your ability. You are expected to put your whole heart, mind, soul, and strength into this capacity. I have full confidence that you are capable.