Job Description: Scoutmaster
Church of the Returning King 1994
To oversee and direct the Scout program in the church. It is understood that the program is a ministry of the local assembly and not just a Boy Scout council. The Pastors desire is to see a revival amongst the young men in the surrounding areas and Scouts as the vehicle in which this is implemented.
1. Must be filled with the Holy Ghost.
2. Must meet the qualifications for church membership and also for Scoutmaster position.
3. Must be loyal to the Pastor and the local scouting assembly.
4. Must be willing to work with others and train future leaders.
5. Must have a tremendous desire for this sacrificial ministry.
6. Must promote enthusiasm and appeal to non-scouts.
7. Must be able to motivate others.
8. Must see scouts first as souls, second as impressionable individuals, and third as future leaders.
9. Must be faithful and dependable in accomplishing duties assigned by the Pastor and laid out in the Scoutmaster training program.
**Scoutmaster is responsible to run all meetings held by weekly in the Scout center.
** Scoutmaster is responsible to attend all district scout functions and training seminars.
** Scoutmaster is to plan, prepare, and promote all activities concerning the scouting agenda unless he sees fit to delegate lesser responsibilities.
**Scoutmaster is responsible for all church-owned scouting equipment and the upkeep required.
** Scoutmaster should notify the Pastor of any problems that arise beyond his control.
** On any function of the scouting program, the Scoutmaster is the representative between the church and the district scout council.