Kids Church Director
Sis. Stephanie Ruth
First Apostolic Church-UPC 2004
To administer and motivate the Kids Church Department in a manner that will result in growth, maturity, and stability of the teachers and the students. The ultimate focus will be placed upon proper organization, quality instruction, student consecration, and numerical growth within the Kids Church Department.
1. Must have repented of sins, been baptized in Jesus’ Name and filled with the Holy Ghost.
2. Must meet qualifications for church membership.
3. Must be loyal to the Pastor.
4. Must be willing and able to work in harmony with others.
5. Must have a passion for children and children’s ministry.
6. Must be able to instill enthusiasm and excitement.
7. Must be able to lead and motivate all Kids Church Department leaders.
8. Must be faithful and dependable in accomplishing duties.
9. Must have knowledge of the operation/functions of the Kids Church Department.
– Shall oversee and supervise all operations of the Kids Church under the direction of the Pastor. Shall seek to implement the program with tact, zeal, and love.
– Shall arrive no later than one hour prior to the beginning of Kids Church. (Kids Church begins at 10:15)
– Shall maintain, motivate and lead the Sunday morning Kids Church Team to prayer/staff meeting (to begin at 9:30 a.m.).
– Shall dismiss this meeting in sufficient time for the leaders to perform last minute preparations (10:00 a.m.).
– Shall motivate all leaders to work with the Sunday School Department to follow good absentee follow-up practices each week. Guidelines of how this is to be done should be typed up and handed out.
– Shall obtain/create appropriate curriculum with the purpose to develop and maintain children within the Kingdom of God.
– Shall change curriculum every quarter this includes the decoration and scenery of the Kids Church location.
– Shall work with the Pastor to select an assistant to help you in all aspects of your departmental duties.
– Shall be an example to the church in soul winning by being continually involved in the Home Bible Study Ministry, or some other form of outreach ministry.
– Shall be an example to the church in faithfulness by attending all church services and special functions.
– Shall be an example to the church in spiritual growth by coming at least one-half hour before each service to pray.
– Shall attend all Annual Planning Retreats and Monthly Departmental Planning Councils.
– If unable to attend because of an emergency, shall inform the Pastor in advance and endeavor to have a substitute attend in your place.
– Shall hand in an official monthly report at the Monthly Staff Council.
– Shall perform additional duties as required. Organizational Relationships
The Kids Church director is responsible directly to the Pastor. Each year, the Pastor and Kids Church Director will review this job Description, update and improve to make more applicable to the position. Accountability shall consist of a monthly report of all Kids Church activities and upcoming events. The Kids Church Director is responsible for all Kids Church personnel. Evaluation of performance of this position shall be performed by the Pastor on an annual basis. The term of this office shall be for one year.
Training and Development
– Read The Successful Sunday School & Teacher’s Guide Book, by E. Towns.
– Read Overcoming Barriers to Sunday School Growth, by R.W. Jones.
– Attend District Sunday School Seminar if possible.
The above material was published by Apostolic Information Service. This material may be copyrighted and should be used for study and research purposes only.