Sample Job Description: Youth Department – Fundraising Director
Bro. Joe Smith
United Pentecostal Church 1994
To lead and motivate the Youth to participate and raise money for the Youth Department. Major focus will be placed on providing the youth with fund raising activities that will glorify God. In focusing upon this, you will assist in accomplishing the main task of raising money for the Youth Department.
1. Must be filled with the Holy Ghost.
2. Must meet qualifications for church membership.
3. Must be loyal to the Pastor and Youth Pastor.
4. Must be willing to work in harmony with others.
5. Must carry a burden for young people.
6. Must be able to lead and motivate youth in fund raising.
7. Must be a lover of the souls of youth.
8. Must be faithful and dependable in accomplishing the duty of Fund raising.
9. Must have a knowledge of the operation/functions of Fund raising.
**Shall oversee and supervise all fund raising operations of the Youth Department under the direction of the Youth Pastor.
**Shall take active interest in participating and planning in the fund raising goals of the youth.
**Shall attend all monthly, sectional Youth Rally’s and encourage the youth to do the same.
**Shall help the Youth Pastor promote Sheaves For Christ and other Fund raising events under pastoral direction.
**Shall attend all Youth Prayer Meetings, Church Prayer Meetings, and pre-service prayer and encourage youth to do the same.
**Shall insure that proper adult supervision are available for all Fund raising activities.
**Shall plan Fund raising projects as:
1) car washes
2) ??? – A-Thons
3) slave auctions
4) garage and bake sales
5) b-ball tournaments
6) special dinners or suppers
**Shall be an example and be at all Fund raising activities.
**Shall be and example and make pre-service prayer (1/2 hour before church starts).
**If unable to attend Fund raising activities, inform Youth Pastor and try to get a substitute.
The Youth Department Fund raising director is responsible to the Youth Pastor. Each year the Touth Pastor and the Fund raising director will review this Job Description, update and improve to make more applicable to the position.
Training and Development
**Read “Nuts and Bolts” by Duffy Robbins.
**Read “Fund raising Samples” by John Jones.
**Read books provided by Pastor and Youth Pastor.
Job Goals For the Year 1994
**Raise $2,500 for Sheaves For Christ.
**Raise $1,500 for the Youth Department,
**Keep youth well motivated.