Youth Boosters Director
Christian Apostolic Church – 2004
To administer and motivate the Youth Boosters Department in a manner that involves as many members of the church as possible. Major emphasis will be placed on fundraising, scholarships, youth function match-ups, and social involvement. In focusing on these areas you will help supply financial support to our thriving, hard working youth group. You will also provide an atmosphere for our youth and their family to grow closer to one another.
1. Must be filled with the Holy Ghost.
2. Must portray an upstanding Christian lifestyle.
3. Must meet the qualifications for church membership.
4. Must be loyal to the Pastor.
5. Must be willing to work in harmony with others.
6. Must carry a burden for our youth and their family.
7. Must be able to instill enthusiasm and excitement.
8. Must be able to lead and motivate people.
9. Must be a lover of the souls of youth and their parents
10. Must be faithful and dependable in accomplishing duties
11. Must have a knowledge of the operation/functions of the Youth Boosters Ministry.
* Must oversee and supervise all operations of the Youth Boosters Ministry under the direction of the Pastor. Shall seek to implement this ministry with tact, zeal, dedication, respect, and love.
* Must take an active interest in planning and participating in:
a. The Fundraisers for the youth boosters- in order to aid them financially.
b. The Social events of the youth boosters- in order to unite the youth with their families.
c. The Scholarship committee of the youth boosters- in order to give financial aid to those continuing their education.
* Work diligently to involve as many people within the church in the youth boosters department.
a. Put out a monthly Youth Boosters News Letter
*You must coordinate at least one meeting a month where you will start off with prayer and then discuss the following issues at their appropriate time:
a. Fundraising Projects such as:
1. Sweet-Corn Festival
2. Car Show
3. Easter Candy
4. Christmas Breakfast/ Bazaar
5. Christmas Devotional
6. Knox County Fair
7. Valentine Cake Auction
8. Tour of Homes
b. Social Activities such as:
1. Cincinnati Reds Game
2. Wednesday Night Church Picnics
3. Columbus Zoo Festival of Lights
4. Church Skating Parties
5. Super Bowl Party
c. College Scholarship information such as:
1. Who is on the committee?
2. What information should be on the application?
3. Who is eligible to receive a scholarship?
4. Who has or is planning to fill out an application?
5. How much money is allotted for each scholarship?
6. How do you judge who gets a scholarship?
7. Finally, who will actually receive the scholarships?
d. Camp Registration Forms:
1. Who is going to camp?
2. Is their form in on time?
3. Are they a member of the church?
4. Finally, who will get sponsored to go to camp?
* Must assist the Pastor in appointing a Scholarship Committee, made up of 6 members (excluding yourself) to assist in the Scholarship reviewing process. The committee will need to be made up of an equal amount of men and women over the age of 30. They will be the ones who review the actual applications, and sit in on the interviews.
* Must be available to youth who have concerns about their financial situation.
* Work together with the Pastor and Youth Pastor to head up a secret sister/brother, or mentor program between the youth and those faithfully involved in youth boosters.
* You will not schedule any departmental activities on Monday night. Monday will be known as “Family Night” and all church members are encouraged to spend time with their families.
* Must be an example by attending all church services, prayer meetings, and other special church functions.
* Must attend all Annual Planning Retreats and Monthly Departmental Planning Councils.
* If unable to attend because of an emergency, it is asked that you inform the Pastor as soon as possible so you can have another person from your department at the meeting.
* Must hand in a monthly progress report at the Staff Council.
* Show excitement and enthusiasm while doing the Lords work.
* Be willing to work well with all departments to get the job done.
* Perform additional duties where required. Organizational Relationships
The Youth Boosters Director is responsible directly to the Pastor. Each year, the Pastor and Boosters Director will review this Job Description, update and improve it to make it more applicable to the upcoming year. The Director is responsible to oversee all interdepartmental staff such as the Scholarship Committee, and other delegated positions within the department. The director must work closely with all departments, but especially the Youth department. The Pastor will evaluate this position annually. The term of this office is for one year.
Training and Development
* Read “Let My People Grow” by Tim Massengale – Wonderful book! *Talk with other Youth Booster Directors in other churches to find what works for them.
Job Goals for the Year Of 2004
* Assist the Pastor in developing a Scholarship Committee.
* Begin Boosters Newsletter.
* Involve as many parents of our youth in this department.
* Explore the possibility of beginning a secret sister/brother program.
* Develop Job Description s for all interdepartmental positions.
The above material was published at Apostolic Information Service. This material may be copyrighted and should be used for study and research purposes only.