Multi-Media Ministry Director
The Pentecostals of Pasadena – 2004
To administer and motivate the Multi-Media Department in a manner so as to effectively communicate necessary information in divers ways to the saints and church attendees. Your major focus will be upon 1) using available resources to produce effective ways to communicate church events and necessary information and 2) assisting the pulpit ministers in sermon illustrations and bible readings. By doing this you will play a major role in keeping the church unified and help the ministry be more time efficient by assisting in technical details.
1. Must be filled with the Holy Ghost.
2. Must meet the qualifications for church membership.
3. Must be loyal to the Pastor.
4. Must be willing to work in harmony with others.
5. Must carry a burden for Multi-Media Ministry.
6. Must be faithful and dependable in accomplishing duties.
7. Must have knowledge of current Multi-Media Technologies.
8. Must be able to organize and motivate the Multi-Media team.
* Shall oversee and supervise all operations of the Multi-Media Ministry Department under the direction of the Pastor. Shall seek to implement all duties with tact, zeal, and love.
* Shall work diligently to include as many people as necessary to fulfill all duties of the department and prevent anyone from getting “burned out.”
* Shall be familiar with the operations of the current Multi-Media equipment and proficient with the purpose, use, upkeep, and repair of equipment.
a) Personal ability to repair is not required, but seeing that faulty equipment is addressed and repaired in a timely manner is imperative.
* Shall see that a Multi-Media worker is at every service a half hour early to prepare the church view for the service:
a) Set up song list, and add any new songs as needed
b) Obtain list of scriptures from the preacher and have them ready for cue
c) Have announcements put in ready to display for 15 minutes prior to service and during offering
* Shall assist the pastor in technical aspects of sermons (i.e. preparing power point presentations, videos, sound clips, etc.)
* Shall stay current with new forms of Multi-Media and present possible ideas for advancement to the Pastor as they avail themselves.
* Shall take all steps possible to ensure the safety of equipment.
* Shall give to the Pastor, when vacancies occur in your staff, a list of recommendations for replacement.
* Shall see that the church billboard is kept current each week with a new scripture for the week as provide by the Pastor.
* Shall work with the Pastor to select an assistant so that someone will be familiar with all Procedures in the event you are unable to be on duty or sick.
* Shall endeavor to keep a rotation of Multi-Media workers so that no one person is forced to be distracted from worship and service more than one service a week.
* Shall be an example to the church in faithfulness by attending all church services and function.
* Shall attend all Annual Planning Retreats and Monthly departmental Planning Councils.
* If unable to attend because of an emergency, shall inform the Pastor in advance and endeavor to have a substitute (your assistant) attend in your place.
* Shall hand in an official monthly report at the Monthly Staff Council.
* Shall perform additional duties as required. Organizational Relationships
The Multi-Media Director is responsible directly to the Pastor. Each year, the Pastor and Director will review this Job Description, update and improve to make more applicable to the position. Accountability shall consist of a monthly report of all Multi-Media activities and status of equipment. The Multi-Media Director is responsible for all Multi-Media staff and personnel. The director shall work closely with all departments, but especially with Music, Sound, and any minister that preaches from the pulpit. Evaluation of Performance of this position shall be performed be the Pastor on an annual basis. The term of this office shall be for one year.
Training and Development
* Read apply the book “How to Win Friends and Influence People” by Dale Carnage (Bantam Books)
* Read additional book(s) provided by the Pastor
* Attend any conferences/training seminars on Multi-Media in the area that the Pastor/Church pays for
Job Goals for the Year of 2004
* Establish a team proficient enough to where no one member must be distracted from a service more than one a week.
* Develop Job Descriptions for all interdepartmental Positions.
The above material was published by Apostolic Information Service. This material may be copyrighted and should be used for study and research purposes only.